“Fabulous food”

Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Reviewed October 1, 2007

One fo the best veal dishes we ever had. The veal was stuffed with spinach, sausage, mozarella, proscuitto, then topped with a wonderful tomato sauce. Starters were great too. Antipasti dish and the beef carpaccio outstanding. Our server, besides being helpful and informative was beautiful.

1  Thank Suewynn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed September 7, 2007

My wife and I have been coming to Hilton Head for 15yrs. This is the one of, if not the, best meal we have had. Service was terrific, no reservations being it is early September, will make reservations next time as I think we got lucky. Server's reccomendations were right on. We split an appitizer of Scallops usually 3ea but it was served on two plates and we each received 2 scallops, nice touch, it was served with wilted spinach in a great sauce. I am not a fan of wilted spinich but I ate it all, that says something.
I had the salmon raviloi special with crab meat. Sauce was great, as were the ravioli and crab. My wife had some potaoto pasta type dish, I can not remember what it was. Never heard of anything like this, again sauce was great and she enjoyed her meal.
We usually do not have dessert but we agan split one. Very nice ice cream with godiva chocolate toppins etc. another winner.

Bottle of Wine/Appitizer/Meal/Dessert; $108 w/o tip and everything terrific.

Highly reccomended.

1  Thank jhartz177
Reviewed August 19, 2007

The entire meal was awesome. From the wine fligts to the appetizer-i have never even heard of some of the vegetables on the tray. The specials were fantastic. The desert was DEVINE! The only problem we had all night was an extremely LOUD and inappropriately dressed (hats, shorts and tank tops) family or 12 next to us. They were yelling, whooping and hollering like they were at Ryans Steaj house (which is where they should have gone!) It was so loud we couldn't hear each other speak. The staff should have spoken to them. The entire atmoshere changed when they finally left. all in all, worth every penny!

Reviewed July 19, 2007

Superb food, some of the best calamari I have ever had. Excellent fresh fish and pasta. Nice setting and excellent service. Best meal we had in Hilton Head. Thoughtful wine list with WS scores, some good values, some marked up a bit too much (4X for 2005 Mollydooker Two Left Feet at $80), but look around and there are nice values at 1.5 markup.

Reviewed June 13, 2007

This restaurant is a "must-eat" if you're looking for upscale dining on Hilton Head. Not only was the entire staff attentive and knowledgable, the food was absolutely outstanding. They have six wine flights available, plus a dessert wine flight; all were interesting pairings and generous pours. The wine list is a night's worth of reading in itself.

My husband and I started with the carpaccio appetizer; for dinner, I had the turbot fish special and he had the stuffed veal. (I forgot the technical name of the plates, sorry!) Everything was outstanding, and even though we were stuffed, we ordered dessert anyway. After sharing coffee, tiramisu, and the chocolate souffle cake (voted best on the island for several years, so our server told us), we were completely sated...and we couldn't have been happier.

2  Thank alala27