“Excellent people!”
Review of Shipyard Golf Club

Shipyard Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Shipyard Golf Club offers three nine hole courses, which can be played in three eighteen hole combinations. Each course has its own merits and difficulties, with 25 water hazards coming into play throughout the majority of the holes.Clipper Course: With plenty of sand and water hazards, the Clipper course may be the most difficult of the nines. This George W. Cobb design requires a good long game and a soft touch around the greens.Galleon Course: These original nine holes of Shipyard Golf Club meander through large oaks and tall pines. Accurate placement of approach shots into heavily guarded greens is necessary on the Galleon course.Brigantine Course:Alligators sun themselves along these scenic, water hazard filled nine holes of the Brigantine course. With slight dog-legs and well-placed bunkers, this course requires shot-making and a good short game.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My review has nothing to do with golf nor with the amenities of the golf club. It has to do with the excellent, caring, and helpful people they have working there. I had ridden my rented bike down the beach from Land's End in Sea Pines, on my way to see a friend who had rented a condo in the Shipyard Plantation. My bike tire blew out and the bike rental company was... shall we say... less than helpful and were also rude. Ken and Melissa were working the snack bar. They listened to my plight and to the rudeness of the bike rental company. Ken offered to try an get my bike into his compact car. Then Melissa offered to take me home in her SUV, which she had just had cleaned and detailed that day. Needless to say, my bike was dirty from the beach, but that did not matter to her. Ken put the bike in the SUV and Melissa drove me home... and wouldn't even take a tip or money for gas. Both Ken and Melissa were friendly, kind, and concerned for me and my safety (and my view of the people of the island). If they went above and beyond for a total stranger, I'm sure their work attitude and responsiveness to their customers is exceptional. For this reason, I highly recommend the Shipyard Golf Club!

1  Thank MCCM56
in 20 reviews
"brickyard"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a pre wedding golf event at Shipyard and it was without a doubt the most organized, delightful and fun event ever. They were very accomodating and let folks not playing ride around to watch. The service was unmatched. Everyone was incredibly nice from the manager to the course staff and the restaurant (by the way, they have the best hot dogs ever). I want to say thank you to all the folks at Shipyard for all you did. And for those going for an event or just to play, the course is fun, challenging and was in great shape. The prices are very reasonable - to be honest, i expected to pay quite a lot more than what it cost us.

Ken M, General Manager at Shipyard Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your round at Shipyard. We appreciate you acknowledging the service that you received, and the positive comments on the golf course and hot dogs. It was our pleasure to have you and your friends and family play with us during your wedding weekend.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We played Clipper for the front 9 and it was very wet from the prior days rain. By lunchtime we played Brigantine and it was in great shape. Really nice to be back at the snack bar between courses. The hot dogs were good as mentioned by someone else on trip advisor. It is just so nice to have the coolers attached to the golf carts to keep your water cold on hot summer days.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I played the course on 08/13/2012.. Most of the tee boxes were not cut and not in good shape. some of the fairways also. Would not recommed playing this course with others in the area in much bettershape and cheaper rates.

1  Thank Robert M
Ken M, General Manager at Shipyard Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review following your recent visit to Shipyard Golf Club. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us to improve and provide a better experience to our guests. Please know that we are taking your comments into consideration. We hope that you will visit us again soon for an improved experience while playing our course.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have played at Shipyard several times over the last several years. This year was one of my favorite visits. I got to play with my son, brother and nephew. We fortunately had a partly cloudy day which kept us cool. The staff was excellent. Everyone was very nice and sincere. The course was in the best I have seen it in years except for a few tee boxes. Playing golf in the low country is different with slow greens and less carry. Don't be surprised if your ball sinks down in the rough but out in the fairway, the ball sits up nicely. The course drains well. Bunkers were in pretty good shape. They have one of the best hot dogs I have ever had. I look forward to returning next year!

We’re pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit to Shipyard Golf Club and that the weather was cooperative. It’s always great to receive feedback from our visitors and we’re happy that you enjoyed your experience both on and off the course. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit!