Just got back from Hilton Head on Friday. This was our second trip and this time we stayed at the Coral Sands on an RCI exchange. We had a 3 bedroom unit in building E. The unit was very large, clean and decorated nicely. We were hoping to get a unit closer to the pool because we had a 2 year old with us and it was a bit of a haul to the pool with the little one and all the stuff. Would have been nice to be able to use the pool and check on him during his nap time.
We rented bikes from Hilton Head Bikes and they were very nice. We used them a lot for riding on the beach. We were fortunate to have a good week weather wise and took full advantage of it. We love the numerous bike trails.
One of the best parts of staying at the Coral Sands was being so close to Center Circle for shopping. The BiLo store was wonderful and I thought had pretty good prices. The bakery and deli were very fresh and the produce was nice. It was great to have the store so close to pick up things quickly. Make sure to ask them to use their visitor discount card to get the sale prices on things.
We found a great little Mexican restaurant called Amigos in that same shopping center. The food was outstanding and I would highly recommend it. Doesn' t look like much on the outside, but don't let that fool you. We also ate at our favorite, Big Bamboo, two times. We went to The Wreck of the Salty Dog for my son's birthday and all had some type of seafood. Again, the food was great. The places we ate at that were just ok were Wild Wings and NY City Pizza. Nothing special at all.
Can't beat the weather and crowds in September. Seems like one of the best times to travel to Hilton Head. We are sure to be back in a couple of years and would stay at the Coral Sands again if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why stay in a hotel when you can stay in a fully equipped villa with a washer & dryer, entertainment centers, TVs in bedrooms and living room, DVD players, all kitchens utensils and tableware. Each unit is professionally decorated and refurbished every year. Coral Sands Resort, a member of the Palmera Vacation Club, is situated perfectly in the heart of Hilton Head Island near Coligny Beach. Perhaps, the finest resort community along the Atlantic Coastline. Hilton Head Island boasts natural beauty along with a playground of outdoor activities. World renowned for it's golf and tennis, Hilton Head also offers a variety of water sports, miles of bike paths, wonderful restaurants and great shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Coral Sands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sands Hotel Hilton Head
- Coral Sands Resort Hilton Head