“Generous portions”

Nick's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #104 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had dinner here. I ate the fried shrimp with the green beans and whipped potatoes. The food was good but not something I would eat regularly. I found the shrimp to be tasty but overly salty. My husband had the half rack of ribs which he found to be tough. He ordered a cluster of snow crab also which he found to be cooked perfectly and quite delicious. We had a long wait for our meal. The server was very good.

1  Thank bbp48
There are newer reviews for Nick's Steak and Seafood

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been here twice in the past 2 weeks, once for lunch and once for dinner. Good experiences both times. Had seafood both times. I thought it was very good. There were 4 of us for dinner and we are all happy with our meals. We also had dessert and it was yummy! Service was friendly and efficient. We are all locals and will be back with out of town guests. Thanks!

1  Thank lovinsc_11
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Been going to HHI for 20 years and hadn't tried this place until our last visit. So sorry we didn't know what we wet missing! The food and the service were excellent! Liked everything except the Pittsburgh decor... But I'm a Cincy girl- guess I won't hold that against them! Ha!

1  Thank Bourbon_Brandy
hopkince, Owner at Nick's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

So glad to hear you enjoyed you experience with us!! We hope to see you on your next visit to the island!

Thanks,

Katie
(a Cincy girl too!)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

based on reviews I had read here and not only did it not disappoint, it actually blew me away! It is a large piece of fish on 2 halves of a bun that you can have cooked 3 different ways. The only thing better than this sandwich was the Seafood Chowder...it was the best I EVER had!

We also got Ribs (above average), a Corndog & a Cheeseburger kids meal (average). The waitress was attentive, but the atmosphere was kind of lost as it focused more on sports (the owner's an obvious fan of the Pittsburg Steelers), instead of a local marine theme.

We had a Groupon which saved us $15 overall, but I would come back even without it.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went here for a quick carry-out lunch. Bought a $10 Philly sandwich which was supposed to have cheese on it. They used the nasty liquid cheese like you find on convenience store nachos...not what should be on a Philly, or on any $10 sandwich. I realized this after we drove off, or would have sent it back if we were eating in!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your Flank Steak Philly. We originally were using a cheese blend heated on the flat top grill with the Flank Steak meat, but customers asked for a "cheese sauce" since that is more authentic to a "Philly Cheese steak". We appreciate your honest feedback and we will continue to look into what options satisfy our customers.

Katie