“5 stars across the board”

Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is an American Bistro with a southern soul. We strive to serve the freshest ingredients sourced form local, and regional farms and purveyors. The menu changes throughout the seasons based on ingredients, and the inspiration of the staff and Chef/Owner Clayton Rollison. The menu is small and focused but offers a large variety of refined comfort foods and adventurist dishes. Our menu includes offerings like "Pork Pot Roast," Steak Frites and can be as adventurist as Foie Gras Pate and Octopus A La Palncha.
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

This place was excellent! From the staff to the food and the drinks in between.
We had 3 different apps, the fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs and jalepeno cornbread. I can't even pick a favorite, they were all delicious.
I had the grouper for dinner and my husband had the catfish. Again, 2 thumbs up!
I wish we had room for their homemade icecream but after 3 cocktails (Moscow Mule) 3 apps, their bread, butter & honey and our meals we were beyond stuffed!
When in Hilton Head you must visit the Lucky Rooster! Thanks for the great hospitality during our visit to Hilton Head!

2  Thank 2Hicks

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My friends and I were lucky enough to have dinner at this local restaurant. Our server AJ was awesome, he answered every question we had. Plus he kept our drinks filled, and all of my friends happy. The real treat is the food. The menu has something for everyone, and each dish has a special flare that makes you want to try it! My husband and I had the bone in ribeye for 2. Just one word to describe it-Incredible! I just can't wait to go back.

2  Thank CassiB75
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I tried this place for our anniversary dinner and loved it so much that we went back with the whole family two nights later. (We tried to go back the next night but they couldn't accommodate our large group so last minute. If you have a large party, call early bc they have a limited number of big tables.) If it hadn't been the end of our two weeks, we would've gone back again, it's THAT GOOD!
The servers are impeccably trained, there is a huge drink menu, and the food is outstanding!!!! We had our 3 and almost 2 year old with us and the staff was great with them. Great balanced kid's meals here too. Both nights, everyone was 100% pleased with the service and food. Don't miss the fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits!!! Best I've ever had anywhere!! The jalapeño cornbread is to die for. Our table also ordered the pork chop, tuna, grouper, beer and cheese soup and calamari. All were phenomenal!!! Do yourself a favor though...don't leave without dessert!!!!!! (Even if you are too full to eat it, get it to go!) the ice creams are made in house with liquid nitrogen. We sampled the peach and plum crumble, the banana cream pie pudding in a jar, key lime pie in a jar, and the peanut butter sundae with chocolate ganache, toasted marshmallow fluff, and homemade potato chips. Yep, Uh-mazing! Loved the key lime too!!!!! The Lucky Rooster is a must when on Hilton Head Island!!!! I can hardly wait until next year so I can go back!!

1  Thank Betsying
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were driving around HH and stumbled across the Lucky Rooster, so we turned around and went in. In our 9 days in HH, it was the best meal by a longshot. My husband and I had our two year old twins with us and the staff was great with them and us. We ordered the 40oz steak to share and it came with a salad prior to the meal. We got the tomato and mozzarella salad and it was the single best thing I have ever eaten. The mozzarella was amazing, the tomatoes were incredibly tasty and if it were closer, I would get it everyday!

While we waited for our steak, the waiters brought out a plate of deviled eggs, complimentary, to hold us over while waiting. It was a very kind gesture. When the steak came out, it looked like a magazine picture. It tasted just as great.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and if we ever come back down South, we will be back.

1  Thank janda1210
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went here on our last night in HHI and had an outstanding meal. The service was superlative, and the food was amazing. We went with our two kids (6,9) and felt like they went out of their way to make us feel welcome, friendly and actually interacting with our kids, not jsut treating them like add-ons. The host, server, and bus service were nothing but great. And the food was equally fantastic. We had special fresh fish- yellowfin tuna and black cod, and it was prepared super well and the dish was fresh and flavorful. The Moscow Mules were some of the best anywhere, and I've tried them lots of places. Even the kid meals were awesome. My daughter devoured her steak and my son ate all his chicken tenders, which he never does anywhere else. Skip all the old island standards, and hit this place if you want great service, fresh, fantastically prepared food.
We also noted that another table not far from us had some dietary concerns (allergies or something) and the chef himself came out to address their issues and suggest some options for them. Try and get that service elsewhere.

1  Thank Chris N