“Fabulous meal on HHI”

Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is an American Bistro with a southern soul. We strive to serve the freshest ingredients sourced form local, and regional farms and purveyors. The menu changes throughout the seasons based on ingredients, and the inspiration of the staff and Chef/Owner Clayton Rollison. The menu is small and focused but offers a large variety of refined comfort foods and adventurist dishes. Our menu includes offerings like "Pork Pot Roast," Steak Frites and can be as adventurist as Foie Gras Pate and Octopus A La Palncha.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My daughter and I decided to give this new (ish) restaurant on the island a try last night. We have had mixed experiences with dining on hh so to be honest, my expectations were modest.. The only negative part of the evening was the host who seemed less than enthusiastic about our presence. (note to host/owner/etc- I'm on vacation, I'm from the south, I like to be greeted warmly- nothing over the top- a smile and an "enjoy your meal will suffice) Fortunately that was the only negative I can come up with in what was an otherwise lovely evening. Our server, Tara, was friendly, helpful and indulgent with our questions and difficulties making decisions from a fantastic menu. We started with one of the specialty cocktails - the moscow mule- delicious and refreshing, then moved on to the tartare which Tara had told us was unique and wonderful (she didn't lie- it was fantastic and even my picky eater daughter loved it) We also had the sauteed shrimp and calamari which I am still thinking about and wondering how soon I can go back to have again. My daughter had the burger- which was also delicious. We finished our meal off with the banana cream pie- I really don't have words for how good that was.... just bananas bruleed with pudding and cream are a very fine thing indeed. A lovely evening for sure and we will be back....

3  Thank Mary Ellen G

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have been going to HHI for years and always felt that a city sandwiched between Charleston and Savannah should have better restaurants. FINALLY, I have found a relaxed restaurant with a diverse and appealing menu. Portions were fair, service was good, and the price was right. I will definitely return on my next trip.

2  Thank Jgbsju
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our second visit to the Lucky Rooster; we had stopped at another restaurant for drinks and an appetizer, so we were not overly hungry for a big meal.

Our server was very cordial, but seemed a bit disappointed when we both just opted to have their burgers - which were very good!

We also ordered the homemade dessert she recommended - which was similar to a blueberry crisp. Shared between us, we found it to be far from memorable.

Our biggest disappointment however was the manager who was also doing the seating this particular evening. He was not the least bit friendly - nor did he make us feel at all welcome.
We observed him throughout our meal, and noticed this to be his demeanor with most everyone who walked in the door.

An important issue you may wish to address!

Four stars are for the service provided by our waitress and the busser - and the burgers and fries - Not the dessert or the manager!!

1  Thank Luv2Dine55
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Service and food were lively and priced just right, but watch extra drinks on bill and didn't help when waiter said you caught that sorry

2  Thank New B
Brittany S, Public Relations Manager at Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you so much for dining with us! Please accept my apology for the unfortunate error that should not have happened. This error has my immediate attention. As much as HHI loves our tourist industry, we all know locals are our core business. We hope that you will return!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hidden gem! Everything was amazing! Our family owns a restaurant so we critic a lot of places we go. We have nothing negative to say! The owner Clayton was very personable and we wish him all the success!

3  Thank Nikki197186