“Yummy yoga”
Review of Island Yoga

Island Yoga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Classical Yoga and Meditation. Therapeutic and Restorative yoga including Iyengar, Meditation and Ayurveda Lifestyle. Classes seven days a week and by appointment. Certified Instructors. Walk-ins welcome! The studio is well appointed with a signature Iyengar rope wall and an outstanding selection of props for student use, free of charge, during class. Mats are available for student use with donation.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Franklin, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Yummy yoga”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love this new yoga studio! i took 3 classes during my stay on HHI, and each one was great! There was a calm feeling from the minute I walked in. In the class, there was a focus on correct alignment and mental focus. I prefer yoga that is mental/spiritual rather than power/athletic, so this was the place for me. I'll definitely go back next time I'm on HHI.

2 Thank travellinglight60

Hilton Head, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best yoga ever!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My friend and I went to 'gentle yoga' at another studio. I ended up with a shoulder injury and my friend with a back injury. Then we discovered Island Yoga! Patte is smart, knowgeable and innovative!! Whatever your injury or physical limitation, she can work with it! and make it so much fun! She challenges us and works within the strengths and limitations of each person. What a jewel! Patte has studied with Deepak Chopra and truly understands the body, balance and spiritual nurturance.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Lynne N
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enlightening”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was on the island for only a short time so I carefully chose the studio I wanted to experience and knew as soon as I walked in and met Patte I was in the right place . Her knowledge of yoga asanas , instructions and humor made the class perfect for today ! When I visit again and also will pass it on to friends that visit to make Island Yoga a must for yogis and yoginis who want the wholistic path of yoga! Thank you Patte for today , Namaste, Natalie

3 Thank NdgRD
Hilton Head, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“wonderful place to rest your mind”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been to plenty of yoga classes but Island is a true gem!! Patte customizes everything iin such a personal way you really feel cared for ......nice place to take some shelter!!

2 Thank kimtavino
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ISLAND YOGA is an Oasis”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was lucky enough to find this TREASURE right down the street from Sea Pines, where I vacationed for a week in February. PATTE RANNEY, owner and yogi extraodinaire, offered a 7 day/5 class pass which fit perfectly into my stay. Patte was a true yoga instructor offering TRADITIONAL YOGA, with modifications for my particular needs. Her enlightened guidance offered the renewal I was searching for. Patte also introduced me to MEDITATION and my life is better for it! I used many props in this warm, intimate class and have a better understanding of their purpose, which I will carry to my practice at home. I attended only 5 classes but feel like I will continue to experience lifelong benefits. Don't miss this TRUE GEM!!

Visited February 2014