“Excellent time and time again.”
Review of Sea Grass Grille

Sea Grass Grille
Ranked #92 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The food is always excellent. The dining experience is relaxing and the wait staff is eager to help and polite. I have never had a bad meal or service and will continue to come back on a regular basis. One of my favorite restaurants on the island.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of those places where the food always manages to be better than you expected, even if the service isn't quite as good as you'd like. For the money, this may be one of the best "meat and potato" places on the Island, and they serve fish too, of course. But don't ask if the fish is local, because this is not one of the few places onHilton Head that actually serve locally caught fish, crabs, and shrimp. I know that sounds nuts, but that's the way it is. Chances are best that most of the shrimp eaten on the island is from China. So son't kid yourself, even if your pretty waiter lies with a big, sincere smile. She's probably from Ohio.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

It always amazes me when a restaurant charges in the $25 range for a entree and then delivers a product well below what you could get a TGI Fridays. I guess in a tourist resort you can get away with it. The Sea Grass was bad on all three fronts...

Atmosphere - In a strip mall with old furnishings.

Service - Horrible. Because of a food allergy I asked for no butter on fish and the server looked at me like I was nuts. The food came drenched in butter. She was unfriendly and unprofessional. I think she was doing double duty as the bartender!

Food - Reminded me of what I could get at a school cafeteria.

There are lots of great restaurants in HH, make sure you skip this one!

1  Thank RCost
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We live near this restaurant and knew we had been there at least once before, about three years ago, and decided to give it another go. Well this is one of those places where, it may be us. As you can see they gets a lot of excellent reviews. But my wife ordered the Grilled Mahi. She thought the Mahi was good, maybe a little too spicy for her, but the veggies did need some help to bring them to life. I had the Veal Scaloppini. Veal is my go to meat. In most cases, if it is on the menu, I'm ordering it! I've eaten Veal Scaloppini from all over the country, and I've gotten it "outstanding" as well as "poor." The quality of this veal was good, but the scaloppini sauce needed some flavor. We all get the same veggies, so I have to agree with the wife on those. We think the restaurant is "Good," not "Very Good!" I'm sure we will not be going back. There are so many other restaurants that we have enjoyed more than here. But don't take our word for it, try it for yourself!!!!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently ate twice at Sea Grass (Dinner – 3/16 and Lunch – 3/20). Obviously if we went back we liked it; we had also been to Sea Grass our last trip to Hilton Head.
The wine selection is very good, at a very reasonable price. The food is also very good. We like the fact that when splitting a meal, both people get all of the sides. Speaking of which – the scalloped potatoes are excellent. We also enjoyed the vegetable medley.
The food comes hot and stays hot. The sautéed tilapia is a favorite of ours, as is the Carolina Tomato pie.
We were happy with the service. The coffee is good. The noise level is fairly high at dinner (less so at lunch). Parking can be an issue at night, although this speaks of the popularity of the restaurant.
Sea Grass Grille remains on our list of where to eat while in Hilton Head.