“ANOTHER PARADISE IN SOUTH CAROLINA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott's SurfWatch

Marriott's SurfWatch
Corona, California
“ANOTHER PARADISE IN SOUTH CAROLINA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

January 5th 2012, my family and I went to Marriott's Surf watch had reservations for 6 months and requested an ocean view. Spoke with front desk on several occasions and about 2 week’s, before me and my family arrived i call and spoke with the manager. I told him that I knew that January was their low season and what were my chances of getting and ocean view room. He replied good. So I thanked him. We arrived at Marriott’s surf watch and the girl at the front desk to me that there were no ocean view condo's left , we have only one building, with ocean view. # 5600 the rest are garden and lagoon. We had a 3 bedroom 3 bath. The condo was very, nice with lagoon view . My daughter's room had no view and (my granddaughter 21 months) called another person at the front desk .her name was Khadija Jabber she had read our request on the ocean view, let me see that I can do. Got the ocean view. I recommend the Marriott, and Khadija , Donna Ellison, their great. Donna helped us with our travels. Savannah, Georgia, Edisto Island. People are wonderful. Khadija and Donna, made our vacation great.

Room Tip: reseach the hotel or resort. make sure their rating is good. call them and make your request early...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1234angel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this property in mid-December and were fortunate to have been booked in the one building that is ocean-front (really marsh front, but you can see the surf across the marsh). Our trip was a gift from a family member and I am sure that he requested that particular building. The rest of the property looked nice, and I am sure that the accommodations were comparable, but the other buildings were much further from the beach (maybe 1/4 mile or so).

Our room was lovely -- it was a large two bedroom condo in a building with 5 or more floors, and everything looked brand new. The master bedroom had a giant double shower with several shower heads, and the bed was very comfortable. The kitchen was large and furnished with plenty of glasses, mugs, and tableware, all of which seemed brand new. We had two large sliding glass doors - one in the living room and one in the master bedroom. The views were incomparable.

Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer!

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean-front building!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hike_bike_and_like
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

It's a Marriott, so of course it's amazing ! We did not have a view of the ocean, but were on the fourth floor overlooking the pond. We left our patio doors open day and night because the weather was so nice and the added benefit of hearing the water was very relaxing. The staff was friendly. The pools were heated (indoor and outdoor). The grounds are beautiful. Our two bedroom villa was nicely decorated and very roomy. The shower in the master bedroom ... wow. We had a fantastic stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharonTheBaron
Mexico, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice property, beautiful grounds, pools, hot tubs and beach walk...but did you really tell me, a Marriott Gold Member who is checking in at 5pm that there is only a 1st floor room available in the entire 250 room property....doubtful!!! I even stated in my comments a month ago that I wanted an upper level room, bah-humbug...not sure if I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Robert P
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's SurfWatch, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Our resort has an average occupancy of over 90% throughout the year and villa requests for Surfwatch Owners staying at their resort are honored before guests visiting the resort. We absolutely value and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. However, since we are not a traditional Marriott hotel, our ability to upgrade Gold and Platinum Marriott Rewards members is very limited.
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this vacation club around Christmas time with a few friends. We had PLENTY of space in the 3 bedroom villa. We loved the view of the lagoon brightly decorated with Christmas lights. Actually, the entire property was decorated with beautiful decorations, ribbons, and LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS. They have so many activities planned, you could spend the day here. Everything from a movie theatre to making arts and crafts to indoor pool activities. Friendly and accomodating staff, fantastic beach. The property can be a little difficult to find, especially at night. What helped me most was looking for the "Sherman Williams" sign on the right hand side..you make an immediate left. Was worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank dimples1989
Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This wonderful Marriott Vacation Club is located mid-island making it convenient to all golf courses, shelter cove and sea pines. Our three bedroom, three bath villa was super clean! The grounds are kept immaculate and the staff is friendly and courteous! Being there Christmas week was a blast-plenty of activities around the resort! We also enjoyed the beach/poolside cabana's on Christmas morning as we opened our presents and ate breakfast in one of them! Thanks to the super staff at Surfwatch for a great Christmas memory!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank KCIGM
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice Grounds, great pools, friendly staff, great activities on site, fantastic beaches. This is a must do. During the winter months there are many retirees there and not many kids. Which is great depending on which you are looking for. I went with my retired parents and my family of 3 with a 2 year old. We had a blast. The pools, especially the indoor pool is fantastic. The daily activities hosted by the resort are great if you choose to participate. Many events are free. This is top notch resort.

Room Tip: Be certain and ask for closest to the beach, there are several nice rooms, but one of the buildings...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family