“Good food”

Ranked #65 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As Linda and her culinary team work their magic creating soups, daily specials and awesome desserts, Hugh and his well trained wait staff cater to the needs of the guest. To accompany the delicious meals offered at Sunset Grille, Hugh has put together an extensive wine list that is well rounded and well priced. If wine is not your drink of choice you can choose from a large selection of spirits or craft beers. Sunset Grille is a casual fine dining restaurant established in 1996 by Linda and Hugh Lockman. Whether you are dining at lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch you will not be disappointed. Sunset Grille has been consistently recognized as one of Hilton Head Islands best kept secrets and was voted by Garden & Gun magazine to have one of the BEST Bloody Mary's in the south. With virtually no advertising it has remained one of the most popular dining destinations on the Island. Along with the fantastic food, great beverage list and attentive service Sunset Grille offers one of the best sunset and water views on Hilton Head Island. Located at the Hilton Head Harbor Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway and overlooking Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge, it is a view not to be missed!
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Good food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good food. Weird location. If I am paying for a great meal I want the whole experience. this location is above the office of the campground....you aren't even sure you are in the right place. The view are pretty once you are there and the food is good. Service is very friendly

Visited October 2012

Danville, Illinois
“A Special Place”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went here twice in September, during a three week stay. On the first visit we arrived without reservations a few minutes after 6 PM. The host was able to accommodate us, although the small room was already crowded. What a nice meal. I had lamb shank. My wife had the smoked salmon, a specialty of the house. Both were excellent.

Two weeks later, we reserved for 6 PM and were given an up front table with a fine view of the 7 PM sunset over Skull Creek. Joan had grouper and I went for the salmon specialty. Both were delicious. The service is friendly and efficient. We feel at home here, and will be back on our next visit to HHI.

• Visited September 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Best Shrimp and Grits”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I read other reviews regarding this restaurant and we decided to make reservations for our last evening on Hilton Head. Best decision ever. The price is more than average, but the quality of the food makes it worth while. Enjoyed the scenery, the service was excellent and I look forward to returning.

• Visited October 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Great drinks!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

So we made the mistake of not making reservations, so we didn't eat but had drinks outside instead. We also made the mistake of showing up 30 minutes before they opened but they let us in anyways and served us! AWESOME! Great customer service.

We sat out back for an hour or two and the atmosphere couldn't have been better. We got to see a lot of dolphines and the sunset. Plus, the drinks were great. I had a rum and coke and the people I was with were drinking gin and tonic, beer, and wine - so a pretty diverse drinking crowd.

Needless to say, next time we will make reservations so we can try the food!

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I tried Sunset Grille for the first time on our recent annual visit to HHI. Made reservations for a table my the window and was not disappointed. Great view of the sunset and dolphins in the Intercoastal Waterway. As other reviews have stated don't let the RV park detour you from this great restaurant. Waitress and serving staff were very knowledgable of the menu and food had a great taste. Menu is short but offers a great selection from thick cut NY strip, pork chops, shrimp & grits, to fresh fish. I recommend making reservations as seating is limited and was full when we left. I do not recommend this for families who have small undisciplined children.

Visited October 2012