“Best as carry out.”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
“Best as carry out.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Not knowing what we were getting into, we went to this restaurant with a family of 7. Bad move. It's tiny and cramped inside. The seafood is good, and the mac and cheese was some of the best I've had. The staff is rude. We had our baby with us and I wanted to have a seat while my husband ordered our food at the counter, but a tall man told us we couldn't be seated until our order was placed. He said, "Didn't you read the signs? We've been doing it like this for 15 years and we're not going to change it now." I brushed it off at the time, but I don't appreciate the lack of hospitality. Overall, I would eat the food again but only if I took it to go.

Bristol, Tennessee
“Appearances are deceiving, this place is one of our favorites !”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Sea Shack looks like just that, a shack ! lol But the food is consistently good and the seafood is always fresh. Southern Living thought it was good enough to feature in their magazine last month as one of South Carolina's BEST ! I recommend the peel and eat shrimp, they are huge and seasoned to perfection. And the jerk snapper is absolutely to die for, not a thing fishy about it and the seasoning is spot on . All of the sides are wonderful, but we especially enjoy the fried okra, cole slaw and they have a black bean chutney that I would walk 10 miles in a rain storm to get....it sells out fast ! There is always a wait and for good reason, it is good food at a very fair price, portions are generous. The average wait time is usually around 30 min. but it goes fast and we always end up striking up a conversation with someone making it pleasant. This is where the locals eat and is the islands best kept secret !

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“More like Crap Shack”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

There was a line up at the door. Luckily my boyfriend and I were already inside because if you were outside you were not allowed to come in until the the line inside was served and seated. The lady at the cash wasn't the nicest but I not rude enough for us to leave. I got a combo with conch and calamari that came with two sides. The side options were much, so I went with fries and grits.

The conch was not conch, it was deep fried batter balls with a piece of conch the size of a dime, if any. The calamari was average.

I would suggest any restaurant over this place... yuck!

• Visited January 2013
Davidson, North Carolina
“Not disappointed on return trip”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Fast, friendly service, good value, casual dining, unpretentious - just focus on local seafood. Order at register, quick service. Fried popcorn shrimp and Soft Shelled crabs were delicious; cole slaw on the sweet side (as we like it), fries average. Go early for quick seating and a fun experience

Visited December 2012
Clemson, South Carolina
“Just Good Food”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

You go for the food and the homey atmosphere. It's not fancy but the food is very tasty. Both times we ate there was for lunch. The first time we ate inside, the second time outside. Friendly staff. We both had the grilled Talapia sandwich the first time, then on the second visit my wife had the grilled Talapia plate (without the bread) and I had the sandwich again. All for about $32.
For what you get, it's a good value otherwise we wouldn't have gone back.

• Visited December 2012