“The best meal I ever had!”

Sage Room Restaurant Bar
Ranked #7 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Acworth, Georgia
“The best meal I ever had!”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We had the pleasure of eatting at the chefs table. It was amazing to see each item prepared and interact with the chefs. Our meals were fantiastic and so was the owner who made it a point to speak frequently with everyone. It is clear he truely cares about each guest. If you are in HIlton Head and are planning on an elegant meal this is the place. Call as soon as you book your trip to make reservations for the chefs table it is coveted.

So far Sage is my favorite thing about Hilton Head.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not impressed and disappointed”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

This is my first review posted on TripAdvisor but I had to comment on this after reading all the reviews. We went to Hilton Head for the first time last yr and it was recommended by a local resident we go there for a nice dinner. We had a rotten time -- what we remember most was the lousy service. We got a table in the crowded front room and right away the server complained that she had to wait on us. I thought the food was unremarkable after the lavish praise of the recommendation. What a disappointment!

2 Thank cincybetty
Oil City, PA
“Best Ribeye I ever had”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I was on vacation on October 21, 2009 on Hilton Head Island. The Sage Room was recommended to me by a good friend from Daufuskie Island. Our meal was one of the highlights of our trips and I strongly recommend the reserve ribeye to all the steak lovers who will be vacationing on HHI. The atmosphere is fantastic, the waitstaff are awesome, and the food is some of the best you'll have.

Marietta, Georgia
“We love the Sage room”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Next time you are in HH, take the time to find the Sage Room. It is great. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

Charleston, West Virginia
“Love it the 1st time but hated it this year”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Last September we found The Sage Room by accident. Our server was wonderful with recommendations, the wine was great and we enjoyed every moment. All year I have been waiting to go back and enjoy another great meal - boy was a disappointed! We had a reservation at 8:30 and didn't get to our table till 9:00. I understand that it busy with vacation season, but there were tables open! Our waiter was rude and rushed us through our order. She never came back to ask if everything was okay. We order a bottle of wine and by the end of the meal we were about 2 glasses away from finishing it. I was there celebrating my birthday and expected to be able to take my time after spending almost $200 on dinner. After she took our plates and we declined desert she had the audacity to ask me if I wanted a "roadie"(to go cup) for my wine. I was so insulted. After saying "no we'd rather finish here" she brought a plastic cup and set it on our table. Instead of saying something we both finished our wine as fast as we could and left.

I hope no one has to experience what we went through

6 Thank WVTMM