“We love the Sage room”

Sage Room Restaurant Bar
Ranked #13 of 380 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are upscale in a casual setting. Steaks, seafood, and vegetarian option. There is something for everyone!
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Next time you are in HH, take the time to find the Sage Room. It is great. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Last September we found The Sage Room by accident. Our server was wonderful with recommendations, the wine was great and we enjoyed every moment. All year I have been waiting to go back and enjoy another great meal - boy was a disappointed! We had a reservation at 8:30 and didn't get to our table till 9:00. I understand that it busy with vacation season, but there were tables open! Our waiter was rude and rushed us through our order. She never came back to ask if everything was okay. We order a bottle of wine and by the end of the meal we were about 2 glasses away from finishing it. I was there celebrating my birthday and expected to be able to take my time after spending almost $200 on dinner. After she took our plates and we declined desert she had the audacity to ask me if I wanted a "roadie"(to go cup) for my wine. I was so insulted. After saying "no we'd rather finish here" she brought a plastic cup and set it on our table. Instead of saying something we both finished our wine as fast as we could and left.

I hope no one has to experience what we went through

6  Thank WVTMM
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The Sage room is a true gem. We dined with a party of seven and had a chance to sample a wide variety from the menu. Every dish was done with perfection. There was a Venison special that evening that was the best I have ever had. Our evening started when the owner/chef greeted us at the front door! Having worked in the restaurant business for a number of years, I can tell you it is great sign when you see the owner/chef working the front of the house. He also delivers the food to the table, which is the ultimate in quality control! The restaurant is located at the back of a shopping center so you have to work a bit to find it. But it is well worth the hunt. The best continental cuisine on Hilton Head.

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Although when you're first driving up the location is strange and you're not quite sure to expect, it's worth the visit. The food is excellent and the service is first class. We had the braised bacon appetizer (the special for the night) and my husband wants to go back twice a week for it. I had the tuna dish which was the best tuna I've ever had! The steak is also the best on the island. Desserts are delicious and everything is served with a friendly smile & quickly!

Reviewed April 30, 2009

During our week on Hilton Head, we ate two nights at the Sage Room off Pope Avenue and enjoyed dinners which were fantastic. This is not a normal resort island restaurant, but a special place created by the owner and head chef so he could cook his own style, a combination of continental and fresh, local food. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and provides some of the best service on island. The chefs cook in the main dining room behind a “bar”, where we sat so we could dine and talk with them about what they were cooking. There are other more private dining areas if you wish.

The first night I had Caesar salad and a roasted rack of Colorado lamb with boursin grits over a wild mushroom sauce. My wife had the special, game ranch raised venison with smashed potatoes and fresh green beans, over a burgundy sauce. The second night I had a specially cured, prime filet mignon with rosemary shrimp, smashed potatoes, and fresh green beans, over a roasted tomato burgundy sauce. She had a fresh swordfish, the catch of the day, smashed potatoes, and fresh green beans, over a sauce. The venison and steak were the best we have ever had at a restaurant. The Key Lime pie was great. The wine list is not long but very good and reasonable.

The bartender at the Marriott Grande Ocean, Pool Bar Jim, told us about this restaurant as he said it was a favorite of his and other locals. He joked that he does not tell many “tourists” about Sage’s to ensure that he can always get a table. We highly recommend this restaurant for adults and well behaved teens. Please CALL FOR RESERVATIONS and GET DIRECTIONS as Sage’s can be hard to find. We usually leave the kids behind due to the prices and to help maintain the quiet atmosphere. Some patrons are dressed up but shirts with collars and shorts are fine.

3  Thank john_olson_aqrj