“Absolutely Superb!!”

Sage Room Restaurant Bar
Ranked #9 of 365 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Batesville, Indiana
“Absolutely Superb!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I called for reservations this week, and I told the man the my wife and I were celebrating our 45th anniversary and that I would like a romantic little table, and he said, "I know just the table for you",
Our reservations were for 7:30 P.M. but we went early so that we could have a drink at the bar. We were greeted warmly by the hostess, and were told, "just let me know when you are ready". Sat down at the bar and, again, were greeted very warmly by 'Jason', and he was very helpful in picking out our wine selection.
When we were seated, I thought, "this is a romantic table" . The server was very courteous, and during our entire meal we never felt rushed.
But, oh, the food. I had a potato and Leek soup with lump crab, and not only was it fantastic, but there was much more crab (lumps) in it, than potatoes! Never had that before.
I ordered a filet with shrimp, and my wife ordered Lamb. To say it was excellent would be an understatement! I have to say it was one of the best meals that either of us have ever eaten.
It is no wonder that the Sage Room continues to be successful on the Island.
We will go back......often.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Russell B

Damascus, Maryland USA
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Always a stop each year in HH and never disappointed! Love eating at the chef's table. LOVE IT! I highly recommend Sage. They are very accommodating and the food never fails.

Visited October 2012
Ashland, KY
“Excellent!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Absolutely the best meal - start to finish - I have ever eaten. We had reservations at the end of the night, and even after being slammed, the chefs still had enough gas left to make an excellent meal!!! We'll be back!!!

Hilton Head Island
“Good for a Splurge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We love sitting at the bar and watching the chef's at work. Food is very good, but priced for the quality. Location a little hard to find as the location is around back of one of the plaza's on Pope Ave.

Visited July 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“always the best..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Once again, we went to The Sage Room for a special occasion dinner..it was absolutely awesome! I always have to have the snow pea martini appetizer..cant resisit! It was lovely, as usual. My entree was the filet with the shrimp on a rosemary sprig..it was so good, melt in your mouth! My husband had the rack of lamb and almost ate the plate..we had a wonderful bottle of Pinot Noir and finished with dessert martinis..one espresso and one chocolate sundae. We had such an awesome experience (as ususal)..great service, great food, great drinks! The Sage Room is the best, we would like to thank you guys for taking care of all the locals!

• Visited October 2012