“A pleasant place, good food, good service”
Review of Pelican's Point - CLOSED

Pelican's Point
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pelican's Point Restaurant is under new management and operation. The name is now Captain Gillan's Seafood Buffet. The menu consists of two buffets - Seafood Buffet with over 45 offerings a Salad Bar Buffet with over 35 selections. We are the ONLY Seafood Buffet on the island. Located waterfront in Beautiful Shelter Cove. Come check us out. See the menu on the website. Its Awesome.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Saw an ad in a local magazine and noted happy hour prices. Decided on the happy hour offering of crab legs and supplemented it with salads. It was super and the service was terrific. Nice background music. Lots of families. We'd go again.

1  Thank jering1122

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a party of four and arrived there at 4:55 PM which was 5 minutes before they opened. We were seated by a window with a beautiful view. The young man that waited on us was very friendly and knowledgeable about the items and did a great job answering questions we had. The seafood was fresh and well prepared. Check out their early bird specials. They did not skimp on the portions and the prices are good. The trio (flounder, shrimp, scallops) were lightly breaded and the flavor of the seafood was amazing. My husband and I shared the She-Crab soup. Yum - Rich and Luscious! Normally we try not to repeat a restaurant when we go somewhere for a week but we are definitely returning here before we head back home.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I would rate King Fisher as one of the best on Hilton Head Island. I had the Parmesan crusted Tilapia. The fish and sauce were absolutely delicious. My husband had She Crab soup and The Seafood Medley. He also enjoyed it immensely. Service was also very good. We are from Michigan and if/when we return, we will definitely return to King Fisher Seafood!

1  Thank LJL42310
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I tried Kingfisher on a whelm for our last night at HHI. Bad mistake! Interior decor is dated and looked like an old steakhouse. We were about to leave after waiting 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order when our waitress arrived. Our two drinks from the bar were average and my wife's Caesar salad was average at best. She ordered the broiled seafood platter and was very disappointed in the quality. Scallops were very small and overcooked as so was the shrimp. I ordered the nightly special Red Grouper. It was OK but not worth the $. Mashed potatoes were scopped onto the plate and vegetables were soggy and bland. Total bill was $74 before gratuity. Definitely not worth the money. I recommend Sunset Grille on Jenkins Rd.

ToddKF, Owner at Pelican's Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

The restaurant was remodeled and renovated during the Winter of 2011 to be reminiscent of the Old World Mediterranean motif. So, yes the place does look dated..... really dated, since the decor is from the era of the 1500's AD. Most of us weren't alive then, so can't relate to the decor, however given the design and architecture of the exterior facade of the Shelter Cove Marina is Old World Mediterranean, we brought that inside when we renovated. The arched windows and Tuscan carpet design is also from the era. The high ceilings with heavy wood beams were characteristic of wealth and nobility.

Sorry you didn't like our food. We do offer the 100% satisfaction guarantee written on the front page of our menu (if you don't eat but a couple bites and tell us while at our restaurant). We were ranked #1 Fine Dining Restaurant on Hilton Head by the Island Packet readers for 2012. Over 200,000 votes cast for the contest. We have less than 1% complaints, so I see you are the 1%. We do have a policy for you and that is our guarantee. We have so few complaints.

Todd
Owner

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had dinner at King Fisher Seafood. The atmosphere was quite inviting and the live jazz was a great touch. Food was quick and well prepared - gotta try the She-Crab soup. It's delecious. I would highly recommend this place for dining.