“Hinchey's”

Lugoff, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hinchey's”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Their new location is on the same street as the Hilton Head cabanas where we were staying. We went for a quick lunch and had delicious sandwiches and really good soup. We were unable to get back for dinner but will definitely do so next time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Judi M

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Fair wont be back”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Not much here, They only had 4 tables being waited on during dinner time and this was on a Friday night during The PGA Tour Heritage golf classic. Server seem lazy and the fried mushrooms tasted freezer burnt. This place could be so much better if they would upgrade the menu and spend some money renovating it.

• Visited April 2013
McCormick, SC
“I really liked the place”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm not much on sports bars, in fact I avoid them. But Hinchey's was in the hotel I was staying and friends wanted to give it a try. It was late on Fri night, we had been on the road and didn't want to venture out. Hinchey's was right there. Best Reuben I've had in a long time. Everyone at our table was pleased with their order and the prices are very reasonable. It's a large place with TVs everywhere. The service was great also. The next morning we decided to give their breakfast a try. The owner was our servicer, he is from Chicago. The breakfast was very good, eggs cooked perfectly for the styles selected and again, very reasonably priced.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Terrible place.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The host, who i think is the owner was very short tempered with us and sort of hostile when he was seating us. To have a bad day, okay, but don't take it out on innocent customers. After waiting for over 10 minutes for a waiter, i finally had to go up to the bar and order my own drink. The bartender was VERY rude and told me to have a seat and that there would be a waitress with us "at some point." Basically making it clear that she didn't want me at the bar, and telling me i could not order a beer. So, i did what any normal person with a family would do, gather our things and go to a different place and restart our evening.
I am flabbergasted at the the service, or lack there-of, in an establishment that i have visited more than once on vacation to HHI. I hope they don't treat locals and regulars that way. On the other hand, if they treated guests like that, why wouldn't they??
I do not recommend this establishment to anyone who has any self worth..i can't rate the food this go round.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great price for lunch and dinner”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice and inexpensive. I recommend the reuben sandwich. Fast service, and right across the street from So. Forest Beach.

Visited February 2013