“I really liked the place”
Review of Hinchey's Chicago Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Hinchey's Chicago Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm not much on sports bars, in fact I avoid them. But Hinchey's was in the hotel I was staying and friends wanted to give it a try. It was late on Fri night, we had been on the road and didn't want to venture out. Hinchey's was right there. Best Reuben I've had in a long time. Everyone at our table was pleased with their order and the prices are very reasonable. It's a large place with TVs everywhere. The service was great also. The next morning we decided to give their breakfast a try. The owner was our servicer, he is from Chicago. The breakfast was very good, eggs cooked perfectly for the styles selected and again, very reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The host, who i think is the owner was very short tempered with us and sort of hostile when he was seating us. To have a bad day, okay, but don't take it out on innocent customers. After waiting for over 10 minutes for a waiter, i finally had to go up to the bar and order my own drink. The bartender was VERY rude and told me to have a seat and that there would be a waitress with us "at some point." Basically making it clear that she didn't want me at the bar, and telling me i could not order a beer. So, i did what any normal person with a family would do, gather our things and go to a different place and restart our evening.
I am flabbergasted at the the service, or lack there-of, in an establishment that i have visited more than once on vacation to HHI. I hope they don't treat locals and regulars that way. On the other hand, if they treated guests like that, why wouldn't they??
I do not recommend this establishment to anyone who has any self worth..i can't rate the food this go round.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice and inexpensive. I recommend the reuben sandwich. Fast service, and right across the street from So. Forest Beach.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

After driving for 12 hours we reached our destination. Great service and the red chili wings were awesome. Great way to end a long day.

1  Thank TXLNSTR
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well I must say Hinchey's was a nice surprise. I have passed it several times and not given it much thought, however I had a coupon so I stopped in. It is a nice place with an open deck out front to watch the evening traffic go by. The food is economical and good. I had a burger and also the chicken wings. Both were better than some other replaces on the Island. The beer was cold. My only complaint is the night I was there they were short handed so it took a while to get our order delivered. Otherwise, I will stop here again.