“Nice Restaurant & extensive food selection with great service.”
Review of Chart House - CLOSED

Chart House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gumtree Road
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to early for dinner, requesting out door seating over looking the bay. it is suggested that advanced reservations be made for the sunset view. We heard it is great.

Frank was our server for the evening along with his associates. They gave us great service and were very personable. We all ordered fish. My wife and I had grilled Salmon and our guest order the trout. Each one of us were extremely pleased with our choice.

All of the staff were outstanding. As with any Chart House location, everything was great.

1  Thank Bille3

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had dinner to see the sunset in Skull Creek. We dressed in semi-formal attire although business casual was also present. We ate outside, and it was beautiful. The restaurant allowed children (ours is a well-behaved kindergartner keep that in mind). The service was the star of this restaurant. The three of us spent a couple hundred here, which included a bottle of champagne. I say well worth it for a pleasurable evening.

1  Thank financelife
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband & I have eaten here while on vacation 2 years in a row. Our overall experience was much better last year. This year, though the food was still excellent, there seemed to be a scattering about by the wait staff & the host was in outer space somewhere. The manager was nice but seemed too worried about appearance than service. A bit over priced for the service & chaos. Our waiter was very pleasant but seemed very nervous. We probably will not return next year just because we want to experience other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have eaten at several Chart House Restaurants around the country, so we were delighted to find one in Hilton Head. The food was as good as expected, but there were several little irritations that should not be associated with a fairly expensive meal. The waitress was obviously running between inside tables and outside tables, which made her seem to have to apologize a great deal for forgetting something or just getting the orders wrong. A Crown and Ginger became a Crown on the rocks. We asked for stirring straws twice. I got oysters on the half shell and had to ask for crackers. 10 minutes later, she came back, apologizing because she had to go in the storage room to get crackers. I really did not need to know that. The entrées arrived, minus my side of shrimp scampi. After a bit, she came by to see how everything was and I said I will just have to assume the shrimp scampi is good. She got the hint, and retrieved the shrimp that was left in the kitchen. Like I said, the food was good, but great service should come with it. Maybe it will be better next time.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Go to the visitor's center before actually getting on the island. Ask for restaurant recommendations and she will send you to the Chart House, with a coupon for a free dessert or appetizer. Tell your server about the coupon first, then tell them you want the molten lava cake - it will take your meal to bake. We got fried green tomatoes for app, for entree I had the macadamia nut encrusted tilapia (I'm not big on seafood, but this was delicious). The dessert is easily sharable between 2-4 people and it is PHENOMENAL. The ambiance was also nice, I felt a touch underdressed but no one gave us dirty looks. Our waiter - Ricardo I want to say - delivered the BEST service I have had in a LONG time. I'm in hospitality myself, so that is really saying something because I have very high standards when it comes to quality service.