“We liked it.”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had steamed oysters and shrimp and grits. My wife had the she crab soup and crab cakes. It was too much food for her so I ate most of it. It was all good. They have lots of different beers. I thought the food prices were a little high.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went with the hopes of having a good seafood dinner, however that went down the drain as they had a very limited menu. We ordered corn fritters which was very good. After approximately 45 minutes of waiting we questioned our waiter if there was a problem with our order. He brings out part of the order which had been sitting there and was only Luke warm. One person in our party of four still had not received their salad (how hard or long can it take to make a salad). The manager did apologize and adjust the bill. This was not a question of being busy as we were the
Only ones in the restaurant at the time. So consequently our dinner was a true disappointment.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went here hoping to get some good shrimp along the coast, but we left very disappointed. When we got there around 3:30 on a Sunday afternoon,there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We ordered appetizers which came out very quickly, then ordered our meal. After waiting 45 minutes, we asked the waiter that took over our table where our food was, and after checking his computer, we saw him run towards the kitchen area and out came two of the 3 orders which had been sitting back there for 40 minutes. The buns were soggy on the sandwiches, the French fries were luke warm, and one order not even done. They did bring us new fries which ended up to be half done, but by this time we were so disgusted we told them not to remake the sandwiches. The final order came out about 10 minutes after the other cold orders. They DID adjust our bill and apologized, but I will NEVER return here and would not recommend it. The menu for winter is VERY limited and the shrimp was extremely pricey compared to other places in the area, that's why we opted for sandwiches in the firstplace.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

One thing I love about this place is that I know they employ a lot of people from KENTUCKY. I had been to Steamers in 2010 for NYE and had a blast because it's so close to the bars. The food is delicious, I love seafood... you have to have it when you're in Hilton Head. My favorite part was that when we were there this time, there was live music out on the patio. Service was amazing as well.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've typically stopped by here annually during HH vacations. They've got a great location. But this time we were disappointed. The service was underwhelming, the food (we love oysters) only so/so. Sure they have lots of bottled beers, but how about some drafts? I think they need to decide whether they want to be a great casual, down by the sea, sea food restaurant or just another tourist place.

This most recent experience, makes me want to check out other options,