“Steamers Experience”

Cuisines: Deli, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Outstanding Experience at Steamers! Had to wait for 15 minutes but well worth the wait. Great food and great service. We enjoyed very much.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I dined here recently. The food and service were top notch. We had the corn fritters as an appetizer and they were delicious. There were more than we could eat and sadly we had to leave some. My husband ordered the "feeding frenzy" which was oysters,scallops,shrimp and flounder. He cleaned his plate. I had the "voodoo" which was shrimp, scallops and sausage. The amount of seafood in each dish was generous. We look forward to returning on our next visit to Hilton Head and will dine here again!

1  Thank flom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

One of the best dining experiences we had in Hilton head It had a great atmosphere. Our server, Adam, was very helpful. They have four pages of different beers. Great time. Will return there!!!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant is in the Coligny Plaza shopping complex. A nice place to have a meal, perhaps after a few hours on the beach which is nearby. They have an outside dining area and we preferred to eat out rather than in the air conditioning inside.
I can recommend the jumbo scallops which I understand were not local but certainly tasted very fresh. The grilled shrimp appetizer was also good and nicely presented. If you are indulging yourself try the fruit cobbler a la mode.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I’ll start with the positives, although they are few. It’s located in Coligny Plaza and sits next to a large pond/fountain, has neat nautical decor and outdoor seating with live music on occasions. Ok, I’m done with the positive.

The interior is a large open space and has tables next to a large bar and a corner fireplace for the colder months. It was obvious from the outset that this is a meet and party place for the 20 something crowd, and that they have no problem being obscenely loud and obnoxious and disturbing everyone else.

The menu is your typical seafood chain type stuff and definitely overpriced.

We had just arrived in Hilton Head and were looking for something close to our resort, as we were tired from a long day of driving. All restaurants, good and bad, are busy on Hilton Head, but we took a chance on just going in without reservations. We, unluckily in the end, got the last open table indoors.

We were there for quite a while before our waiter found us. He was polite, but disorganized. I ordered oysters on the half-shell and my wife got a cup of she-crab soup and we both ordered a crab combo dinner with snow, Dungeness and king crab. In addition my wife ordered red potatoes.

Our waiter was running around like he was lost and focused more on the tables of young women, but eventually, after a long time, he got around to bringing out ALL the food at once. I refused the entrees and told him he would have to bring us new after I ate my oysters and my wife ate her soup. He was unhappy, but took them back. Then I looked at the oysters. They were completely dried out, literally had no moister on them. The ice they had been put on had melted and was now water and the oysters were room temperature. My wife’s soup was white like she crab soup should be, but they forgot to put crab in it, or at least it seemed it because she could not find any crab in it. I complained about the oysters and during the conversation I learned our waiter had no idea where they came from, or how long they were setting out. I told him I tried to eat them, but that I had to spit them out and that he should take them away. He did just that, and said or did nothing about it. Then he brought our crab entrees, which were actually ok other than the king crab was way over cooked. The potatoes, well they were disgusting, old and overcooked.

He brought the check and had left the oysters on it, so I complained. He went to speak with someone and the oysters were taken off, but in doing so they messed up the bill and it took 3 people and 15 min to straighten it out.

This was the worst dining experience we had on Hilton Head and one of the worse we’ve had period. From the service, loud obnoxious 20 something crowd and mostly terrible food I can’t see how they’ve stayed in business. If your faced with eating here or having a frozen TV dinner, warm up the oven.