“Great beer selection and friendly crowd”
Review of Steamers Seafood Company - CLOSED

Steamers Seafood Company
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Great beer selection and friendly crowd”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

On our anniversary trip, our first night out took us to Steamers Seafood at Coligny Square. We saw the menu earlier in the day and make sure to come back for dinner. Began the meal with a cold fish spread which was PERFECT. The wife enjoyed steamed oysters and crab bites while I tried the Voodoo Skillet. Topped it off with one of the buckets of beer. A bit of a steep bill, but well worth it for good food. Service was okay - but benefit of the doubt, it was late (around 9) so not a whole lot of people around. Would definitely recommend.

Visited September 2012

“Nothing special”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

This was your typical seafood restaurant, the only thing that was special was the 132 beer selections. This is what attracted my husband and they served seafood. We arrived at 5 pm, there opening hours for the evening so the restaurant was pretty empty. I ordered the snow crab and shrimp pasta, and was told oh we are out of that item! I ended up ordering a shrimp Alfredo that tasted like something from a jar that they heated up! My husband ordered a seafood sampler that may have had six shrimp three oysters fried extra hard, greasy fish and fries. The bill came to $80 and we left still hungry and extremely disappointed.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge beer selection, average food for high prices”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love shrimp. I grew up in the coastal Georgia area and have had them just about any every way they can be cooked. I was disappointed in the shrimp platter here. The grilled shrimp had no seasoning at all and tasted bland. The fried shrimp were good, but tended towards over-fried. The blackened shrimp were tasty, but seemed to be more spicy than blackened. The seafood dip appetizer was actually the best thing we had. My wife and I literally had sticker shock when we saw the prices...it ain't cheap! Not that price is everything, but compared to what we know is available around the island, we ate better for less elsewhere. Clearly I can only speak to what we ate...the family beside us raved over 2 of the fish specials, so maybe that would have been a better choice, though at $28 it didn't look like much meal.

• Visited September 2012
“Crowded, fun atmosphere and good seafood selections”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Go early or expect to wait, this place caters to large groups. Prices are reasonable - my Savannah Platter (small lobster tail, stuffed flounder, and crab cake) was $28 and it came heaped with roasted potatoes and fresh steamed veggies. Spouse had the gumbo for $7. The super friendly local crowd at the bar were all sharing what they liked best about Steamers: "we ALWAYS order the shrimp", "order the garlic mussels first, then a margarita, then crab cakes", "I love the crab but after 3 beers". OK, some of them were a tad tipsy but everyone was friendly and the service was really good for such a madhouse. One negative - it has that trashy fish shack look that sounds good in theory but always comes off looking dirty.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Just okay.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Everything was just okay. The service was nothing special. I ordered the shrimp alfredo and it was watery. My mother had chicken alfredo and hers was fine. The bread was good.