“Good Food, Service, Atmosphere”

The Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek
Ranked #34 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Description: The Crazy Crab provides a spectacular waterfront dining experience overlooking beautiful Jarvis Creek. Our menu is derived from Low Country recipes, and each entree is individually prepared to order. Our Alaskan Snow Crab Legs are the best on the island - winning local awards for multiple years. We provide entertainment for the whole family with an onsite playground, the largest salt water fish tank on Hilton Head, live music and crab races during the summer, and a perfect view of breathtaking Low Country sunsets. We have both indoor and outdoor seating on our expansive deck and are pet friendly. The Crazy Crab at Jarvis Creek is perfect for your rehearsal dinner or private party. During non-peak times of the year, a part of the restaurant can be curtained-off for your private event, seating up to 80 individuals. The covered outside deck area can seat almost 100 guests with an outdoor bar area and options for private oyster roasts or Low Country boils. Come visit us and see why we have been a local favorite for over 30 years!
Reviewed April 29, 2014

On our last night on HHI we went to The Crazy Crab for dinner. I really liked my fried shrimp. The coleslaw was good and my baked potato was hot and cooked the way I like it. My husband had the low country boil. He said it was good, but not great. He did comment that his boil had a lot of shrimp (good) and he did not even get the large low country boil. He thought it had too much Old Bay sprinkled on the food instead of cooked into the good. We both ordered a glass of Riesling. I thought we received glasses of moscato as it was really sweet, but the server confirmed it was a Riesling.

Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. He was able to answer all of my questions and was very patient and professional.

We ate on the porch that overlooked the creek. Very relaxing. One thing I did not like about eating on the porch were the 2 cats that kept coming around. I don't like cats or any animals around me when I eat. Next time I will be sure to eat inside.

Recommended

There are newer reviews for The Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek

Reviewed April 29, 2014

When on Hilton Head Island, go visit The Crazy Crab, Jarvis Creek! The food was fabulous, the portion size was unbelievable, and Scott was perfect! This was our first visit to the island, and the restaurant was recommended by the resort we were staying at. Good choice! We were seated at a window overlooking the water, and the appetizers and food arrived so quickly. I've never been served a fish dinner the size of what I received. And Scott...well, he was meant to work with the public...he made our dining memorable. Will be returning if we ever make it back to the island.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went here last month and had a fantastic pasta/chicken alfredo dish. Ate here again last night and the waitress informed me the menu has changed. I actually was a bit disappointed with the menu selection. Had to ask twice for some Hushpuppies that normally come to your table as a freebie. The view overlooking the marsh is very relaxing and peacefully. There are many wild cats that live around this restaurant and they are a highlight to us cat-loving family!! Salads do not come with your meal, so plan on tacking more $$$ on to your meal to add a salad. We'll be back in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

During our first night's stay in HHI, we happened upon the Crazy Crab on the way back to our hotel. From the start, we loved the decor in the restaurant. Since the temperature was mild and the wind was very low, we decided to eat outside. The outdoor dining area was well lit and overlooked a marshland. Our server was exceptional! He made recommendations and ensured that we had everything we needed. I ordered a cocktail (lime margarita) and we shared a slice of strawberry cheesecake-both perfect!

The hushpuppies were hot and fresh. We both ordered the grilled salmon with broccoli and fries/onion rings. Whenever we return to the area, we'll dine here for sure!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We first visited The Crazy Crab last August. On this trip, we had the same server, Scott, who had made of first visit memorable. On this visit the food arrived so quickly it was like we ordered before we left the condo for the restaurant. The food was excellent. Of course, we'll be back.