“YUM”

The Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek
Ranked #30 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Crazy Crab provides a spectacular waterfront dining experience overlooking beautiful Jarvis Creek. Our menu is derived from Low Country recipes, and each entree is individually prepared to order. Our Alaskan Snow Crab Legs are the best on the island - winning local awards for multiple years. We provide entertainment for the whole family with an onsite playground, the largest salt water fish tank on Hilton Head, live music and crab races during the summer, and a perfect view of breathtaking Low Country sunsets. We have both indoor and outdoor seating on our expansive deck and are pet friendly. The Crazy Crab at Jarvis Creek is perfect for your rehearsal dinner or private party. During non-peak times of the year, a part of the restaurant can be curtained-off for your private event, seating up to 80 individuals. The covered outside deck area can seat almost 100 guests with an outdoor bar area and options for private oyster roasts or Low Country boils. Come visit us and see why we have been a local favorite for over 30 years!
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We ate at the Crazy Crab in Jarvis Creek Sunday Feb. 23rd.

The place was very busy, but Danielle, our server was fantastic, She took our orders and had the famous hush puppies at the table in record time. She refilled my water without asking.

My husband's grouper sandwich was outstanding, I had the shrimp salad and it was delicious, I loved the pecans and cranberries. The dill dressing was excellent too.

The view of the marshlands was perfect too.

We will return

Write a ReviewReviews (2,347)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great casual seafood on a fun atmosphere. Went here twice for dinner. Can hardily recommend the seafood bucket. My husband and I split it and it was ample. The seafood was delicious, and the hush puppies seem to be a crowd favorite. Attentive service as well.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Tried this place on Sunday 23 Feb, 2014. Nice waitress, but too much on her plate to get orders complete in a timely manner. When she says she'll be right back to take the order and doesn't show up for another 10 minutes, that's not timely. Blackened chicken salad, mushy chicken. Blackened Mahi BLT so mild that the croissant had most of the flavor, and of course, maybe it's because if you blinked, you wouldn't notice there was any Mahi Mahi even on the sandwich. I don't ever write reviews, but this time, somebody needs to be warned about wasting money in this place.

1  Thank William S
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My revisit to the Crazy Crab on Jarvis Creek a few days ago was over the top! Not only was the food plentiful and excellent, the wait staff was right there to refill our glasses of tea before
they were even empty. They allowed me access to the deck even though it was a chilly, rainy day and the deck closed - to take pictures of the marsh and the wildlife whom seemed to be showing off that day. Fantastic! Upon leaving we stopped to admire the aquarium that is huge (1000 gals. plus). I was impressed at the cleanliness of the aquarium and the quantity and variety of fish - a real life Nemo adventure. The gentleman who is responsible for the aquarium gave us a 'tour' of sorts and showed his pride on all he had done with the aquarium. He explained all about the fish and eels and even fed them while we were there he explained feeding time is when you really get to see the eels. They even have an eel who is blind and they lovingly make sure the eel can "see" to get its food. The whole afternoon was nothing but pleasant we will certainly come back here and definitely continue to recommend the Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've been coming to Hilton Head since 1978 (26 times) and somehow(*), had never visited the Crazy Crab - my loss!! Tried it for a late lunch two days ago, and it will be a regular visit from now on....loved the atmosphere and the view of Jarvis Creek and the marshlands, service was terrific and the food was outstanding (Burger for me, Shrimp Salad for my wife)....plus the Bloody Mary's were tasty (requested extra-spicy and they were!).

* You zip by it, on the right, shortly after crossing the bridge onto the island, and it's set well back from the road, so it's difficult to get much of an impression of it without turning in (now I know that it's definitely worth it!).