“Expect a long wait!”

Salty Dog Cafe
Ranked #65 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Salty Dog Cafe - Outside bar open LATE NIGHT. An island tradition since 1987 and everyone's favorite for fresh seafood, tempting beverages, live music and kid's entertainment. Picturesque dining and unforgettable fun served daily on the docks.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

During in-season, expect a long wait! However...there's outdoor seating area with a bar - so time passes by if you get a drink. The food was good but would agree that the prices are high. Try the Rings of Fire - calamari with a kick. The key lime pie was too tart and the PB pie crust was too hard to even cut. I would pass on dessert next time. This is a place to try if you are already at Sea Pines - but would not say the food is a must to experience.

There are newer reviews for Salty Dog Cafe

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We loved The Salty Dog Cafe. We weren't sure what to expect and thought it might feel like a tourist trap sort of place. But, it was a lovely evening. The food was excellent (in spite of some reviews my husband read which caused him to be reluctant to go.) We loved our server - she was delightful and from Bolivia. Very nice even. Would return for sure. Had fun in the t-shirt shop too!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Many people would think that because the Saly Dog is so popular that it's overrated. They are completely wrong. I ordered the "She Crab Soup" and it's the best soup I've had on the island. My whole famil loved their meals, and we voted it the best atmosphere on the island. I liked that their portion sizes were reasonable, not the huge sizes we're accustomed to. Sitting outdoors was a blast; amazing views off the dock. It was fun that they had an Easter celebration the day we were there. (Fun for the kids.) I would definately reccomend Salty Dog Cafe to ANYONE on the island.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We waited 1.5 hours for a table, fortunately you can wander through the shops nearby while waiting. Service was pretty quick, as they wanted to turn the tables fast. Two of us had the flounder which was delicious. Hush puppies leave a little to be desired. It reminds me of the typical tourist spot where people go, just to say they were there. But unlike places like the Hard Rock Cafes, this one at least the food makes it worthwhile.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My friend wanted to get one of the $10 tee-shirts (coupon from a visitors' guide) and we decided to go ahead and eat there. There was no line and we got right in. We were seated by one person, another person took our orders, then someone else delivered or food. Our server came by to tell us our food would be out shortly. I reminded her that I had ordered an appetizer, and when she went to check on the appetizer, our meal was being brought to the table. The food was tasty, but we waited about 30 minutes on our meal (and appetizer) and they weren't busy. I am rating it very good because the food was good.