“Great family breakfast with something for everyone”

Stack's Pancakes Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Breakfast and Lunch with signature dishes like Creme Brule French Toast, Banana Fosters Crepes and Low Country specialties like Shrimp and Grits and Seafood Omelets and Crepes. Fresh ground coffee for every pot brewed. Burgers and Giant Salads for lunch. There are no strangers at Stacks, only friends we haven't met yet.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate twice at Stack's and had two very good meals. The menu has traditional breakfast items done very well, as well as some unique and wonderful options. Being able to order Shrimp and Grits, Chicken and Waffles, while more traditional optoins are avaialble is nice touch.

There are newer reviews for Stack's Pancakes Restaurant

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Well, alas high hopes for our only breakfast out while vacationing in HH. In reference to the title of this review, I had the pancake combo and literally had to saw through the pancakes in order to get a piece off them. Not sure why they were like shoe leather. My wife had the buckwheat pancakes which actually turned out good. Coffee was so-so. My wife had like warm hot tea and when she finally got some hot water, no tea bag! I complained to the waitress about my pancakes but she did nothing about it and said to address it with the cashier, really?! She had way to many tables anyway. The cashier took $2 off my bill so I guess I paid for $6 for 2 pieces of bacon. I should have forced them to comp me but we wanted out of the zoo. Sorry Stacks, we ain't comin back no more, no more.....

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have been to Stack's every visit to HHI since we got married 18 years ago. I think we have been there at least 6 times in those 18 years. This visit will be the last. The place was half empty and they were running a wait of 20 minutes at 9 am on a Thursday. Our server had at least 5 tables that I could track her on...she was all over!! She was running tables like a champ but we ALL suffered for it. Coffee was battery acid with a crayon for color. Based on the taste the makers haven't been cleaned in months. I love nasty, thick, oily cowboy coffee, but this was undrinkable. Ordered creme brulle french toast, bananas foster french toast, fruit crepes and chocolate strawberry crepes. Creme brulee french toast is no longer made in some special batter then grilled. It was the same tasteless egg bread that was under my banana foster. My son declared the Fruit crepes ok and didn't finish them...which doesn't happen with a 17 yr old boy. My daughter did have good things to say about her chocolate crepes. Server was sweating bullets by the time she managed to get our check to us and I felt truly sorry for her as she had 4 tables around us and 3 more in the room behind us.

Based on the food alone Stack's is truly one of the top reasons we come to Hilton Head.We were truly disappointed and I don't think we will return there again after all these years.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We loved our breakfast at Stack's. I had the Lowcountry Omelet with (real) crab, avocado and hollandaise topped with capers. The hollandaise was a bit thin, so that's the only reason I'm giving them 4 stars instead of 5. My niece has the Ultimate chocolate crepes, and they were extremely rich. The fresh strawberries inside were plentiful and tasty. My sister had a breakfast with eggs, hashbrown casserole, sausages and pancakes and she said it was very good. Our waiter (Earl) was super friendly and efficient. He kept our coffee cups and water glasses full, brought extra napkins and cream for coffee, and made sure we had everything we needed.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The service was great and the food even better. We shared the big breakfast and it was a lot of food. Everything on the plate was just right and even the coffee was good. The price was very inexpensive for Hilton Head. Going back tomorrow!