“Authentic Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The original location hidden in the live oaks just off Hwy 278 is worth finding. Authentic Mexican fare is outstanding...It's all good! Locals like it and tourists love it, once they find it. Off island, the Mi Tierra in Bluffton is just as good, though in a small, modern strip mall.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

They have great food. It's very inexpensive. The employees are always smiling & very nice. They treat look like family when you come in.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here so many times & I've always loved it! My favorite is the Chimi Del Mar but tonight had the veggie burrito, it was also awesome. Service is always great.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Read some reviews about this place along with several over Mexican restaurants on the island. Choices seemed limited by some bad reviews of other places so we decided to take a chance on this one. It was well worth it. It was a little hard to find and the outside definitely looked a little rough but once inside we had an excellent meal. The salsa and guacamole were wonder with the delicious fresh and hot chips. I had fish tacos which were very good and my husband had a chicken burrito. He said the burrito was good but not the best he has ever had. My in-laws enjoyed their food as well. The outside probably encourages others to avoid it, but I would give it a chance. The only downside is that it smelled a little musty when we first walked in, kind of like water damage in a basement, which soon dissipated with the cooking food. I'm sure their building could use remodeling but their food was really good.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've been going to Mi Tierra for 12 years - it's the best place on Hilton Head - it has the best Margarita's on the planet - even better than Mexico - the food is awesome - it has reasonable prices and the waiters were there for as long as I have been going - awesome service - great food - great atmosphere - the best Mexican restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is addicting - so be careful!