“Cajun on the Island”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
A TripAdvisor Member
HIlton Head Island , SC
Reviewed March 14, 2006

We live on the island and dine at Kenny Bs once per week minimum. Service is great and the food is out of this world. We even dine out side with our pooch.

The weekends has the brunch which is fairly priced and excellent choices.

Can't find a better casual place on the island.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2005

We were vacationing in Hilton Head in July. We have vacationed here for years(30). We have seen many restaurants come and go. We were fortunate to see a review of Kenny's on the internet. We had one of the best dinners we had ever had in Hilton Head. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. So much for so little money!

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2005

I was very surprised to read the negative review. We stayed in Hilton Head Island during the labor day weekends. We loved there! Food, atmosphere and price were great! Many locals seem to come here too (that's a always good sign!).

We had a chance to talk to Kenny, the owner (we assume). He is very friendly. He told about history of the place - a student from SCAD painted the wall, which is very fun to look at. He is a big UGA fan, and although we are not, we enjoyed looking at the photos and writings etc. You know, dining in on the Hilton Head Island can be very expensive, but not at the Kenny B's. We will be back!

9  Thank sxs0797
Reviewed September 11, 2005

I was so excited about the great reviews written here and the possibility of eating some true creole food. Kenny B's disappointed in every possible way. The man at the counter acted like he couldn't stand being there and was not friendly at all. I ordered shrimp etouffe which is my favorite dish. I've had it many places and it was a sorry example. I had asked for my etoufee to be hot, all I tasted was vinager. Either they put an extreme amount of hot sauce in the dish or vinager was a part of their recipe. My fiance ordered the jambalya, it was decent. I can make better with a box of Zataran mix at home. After I had a few bites of my dish, I asked th man at the counter if he was sure it was etoufee, he said yes. He didn't ask if it was okay, he didn't ask if he could get me something else. Please don't waste your time or money here. I would hate for someone else to be disapointed like I was.

10  Thank Julietteev
Reviewed August 26, 2005

Mountains of food. Very informal; best for lunch. Very good rendition of Lousiana cajun-style food. The gumbo and blackened shrimp were excellent. Saleds and po-boys were fair.

9  Thank Marc B