“Consistently delicious”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This is one place my husband and I have to go to everytime we visit. We've never had a bad meal and they're never overpriced.

1  Thank Caitlin J

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Kenny B's is one of those places I've heard a lot about, but never had the opportunity to stop by. We finally made it there during our trip to HHI, and we came away with mixed feelings.

I loved the po boy and gumbo, but I did not enjoy the hush puppies. Very oniony, and the ones I've experienced elsewhere were sweeter. Wife enjoyed her fried oyster po boy. Neither of us were huge fans of the cornbread. Huge portions with lots of leftovers. We had to track somebody down, though, for take home containers. And when we got them, no lids were provided making for a tricky ride home.

The setting was really cool... I loved the colors and the huge mural. Unfortunately, though, it was also quite dusty throughout. Overall, some things as good as New Orleans, and others not as much. I would likely return for a po boy and gumbo to go.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Wow! What a place for breakfast! A humble "locals place" (in the best sense of the phrase) serving superior tasty Southern food New Orleans style. We had a bountiful breakfast featuring beignets, which are served all day, a delicious Creole Omelette and a fried green tomatoes benedict. Coffee was also excellent. Service was fast and Southern hospitality friendly. Kenny B's is on our list for must do restaurants when we return to Hilton Head. Kenny B is famous especially for his gumbo and we plan to return for lunch or dinner to try some. Emeril and Paul Prudhomme's autographed photos are on the walls of this eclectic fun and funky decorated place also recommending Kenny B's for authentic Southern style New Orleans Food. Go! You will thank me!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a small restaurant that is eclectic in its decorations. Mostly murals of genuine New Orleans folk art. But the art is not the man event. The main event is the food. We first ate at this restaurant months ago for a Sunday Brunch which was extraordinary. Went back for a weekday meal and had the best shrimp and grits in my entire life. Not to mention the pastries.

The menu is extensive and the quality is top notch. And to top it off, the prices are more than reasonable. Be prepared to have food left over and talking about this place to anyone you meet. Which means lines do form. Get there at opening if at all possible.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We went here for dinner after reading the great reviews, but it just didn't pan out for us. As others have stated, it isn't a big place, but is entertainingly decorated and gives you lots to look around at. Very fun atmosphere although it gets full with customers fast around dinner time. The service was very friendly and the line went pretty quickly. The food took about 30 minutes to arrive, but it didn't matter as we expected there to be a delay due to the amount of orders coming in and the small kitchen.

Our party of six ordered a pretty wide range of items, and some were better than others. The po boys were very large, and the fish a good sized portion. The crab cake sandwich was made with alot of filler, much more than expected for a sandwich with such great reviews here. The red beans and rice dinner (with smoked sausage it says) had very little sausage. I asked when it was ordered if they had anything close to Andouille sausage, and they said the smoked sausage they use is better. Although subjective, none in our party agreed. The sweet potato fries were very soggy, and below average.

Overall the food was well priced with big portion sizes, but the food was very average. The food here, in our opinion, fell very short of good southern Louisiana fare, and we've eaten at quite a few places (in several different states) with similar priced menus and items, that were much, much better. We can't recommend, although I really had high hopes for this place.

1  Thank jabberwockies