“Wonderful seafood and a nice setting for date night”

Charlie's L'Etoile Verte
Ranked #6 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Wonderful seafood and a nice setting for date night”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Charlie's setting with the entrance and porch makes you feel like you are in a home Vs a commercial restaurant venue. As there was wait, we elected to sit at the bar. The dining rooms have several seating areas which add to the character.
The bar area is a comfortable room in itself with bar stools and den seating. You can either order from a bar menu or the full dinner menu. For our visit, Charlie's featured the Copper River Salmon which is hard to find and only available seasonally. We also tried the sea scallops with tasty black bean sauce. We always try the tomato mozzarella salad this time of year and it was good as well.
The bar was well stocked with a very good selection and we had great service. Couples, friends and older kids would all enjoy the selection and experience. There are plenty of other locations for the small kids, carve out time for the adults to enjoy Charlie's.

• Visited July 2014

athens, georgia
“Return visit to Charlie's”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food is great with a focus on locally available fish. We went on a Monday night to take advantage of the 1/2 price wine night and the place was very busy. The staff is great, attentive without being overly so, and we look forward to returning next year.

Visited July 2014
Aiken, South Carolina
“Great seafood, well priced”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I am super critical of the restaurants in Hilton Head as many of them seem to be all about quantity and not quality. Charlie's L'etoile is a big restaurant, but DOES NOT sacrifice quality. I went with a group that started as 6 and ended up as 8 and they had no problems ordering for the folks who were 40 min late and getting the food out ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Wow. Definitely a must try!

• Visited July 2014
Cary, NC
“Some high spots ...other items okay”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I would rate 3 1/2 stars. We went to Charlie's on a week night for their early bird dinner. My son had the steak and I had the parmesan crusted tilapia. Steak was a little over cooked. My tilapia needed more seasoning. My husband's red snapper coconut curry and candied ginger was exceptional. It wasn't on the early bird dinner. The cream caramel for dessert was the only offering on the early bird menu. It has a strong coffee flavor that my son and I both liked a lot, but I don't think it would hold mass appeal. They need one more dessert choice on the early bird menu. The waitress was nice and the service was good. Overall better than average.

Canton
“My favorite meal of the year!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been having our date night here for 3 years in a row and won't choose another place! Every bite is mouth watering. It's a romantic, cozy atmosphere. Fresh fish, perfectly cooked veggies and a sweet homemade dessert to top it off. Delicious!