“Another pleasant dining experience”

Charlie's L'Etoile Verte
Ranked #5 of 368 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: French, American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Another pleasant dining experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I took my sister to Charlie's for dinner on Saturday night during her first visit to Hilton Head. It is a favorite of ours and thought that she would enjoy it too.

We all enjoyed the cheerful and unrushed service and lovely décor as well as the delicious fresh local fish entrees. The meals were attractively plated and served piping hot.
We shared a selection of fruity gelatos for dessert and all went home very happy, once again.

• Visited June 2013

“Great food and great service”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The scallops were perfect! My daughter and husband loved the swordfish. The crab soup was good, but not the best I've had. It wasn't creamy enough. All the desserts were fabulous. My son said the bread udding was terrific. I loved the caramel cake. The service was pleasant and excellent.

Visited June 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“OVERHYPED!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had the worst experience we have ever had on Hilton Head. We went on a Wednesday. The restaurant was full beyond capacity. Our table was in the aisle and everyone kept bumping into us. The wait staff was literally running from table to table. It was like watching a pinball machine. Our waitress had no personality. She appeared only twice at our table-- to take our order and present our check. Food was medicore for the high price and each entree had the same sides. The sides were not tailored to enhace the entree. It felt like a huge tourist trap. I felt like I was on a assembly line designed to move us in and out! Do not go to this restaurant. It is so far overhyped. You will be disappointed.

3 Thank Rose F
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“beautiful”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, attentive staff, great food. The interior of this restaurant is beautiful, charming. Nice wine list. Loved my steak.

Santa Fe
“Best on the Island”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a lovely meal! From the comforting southern ambience and hospitality to the divine food, the was my favorite night out of the week. My friend and my son had flounder and grouper, both were beautifully prepared. I had swordfish. The best I've ever had. It's tricky to cook and keep it moist and flavorful. This one was perfect and a large serving. The potato casserole was to die for and the dish also came with carrots, broccoli and asparagus. Smart cocktails and wine and the best dessert selection I saw all week.

Visited June 2013