“Delish!”
Review of The Urban Vegan - CLOSED

The Urban Vegan
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have been wanting to try the Urban Vegan, but wasn't sure that I could talk my husband into eating there, we ended up there on a lazy Sunday afternoon and it was great. I, of course ordered from the vegan, gluten-free menu, hubby from the Cap. Fishy's regular menu, neither of us were disappointed (personally, I think my vegan crab cakes beat his pasta with shrimp).

Hubby also had the hushpuppies as his side dish and declared them a winner. My sweet potato fries were wonderful.

Try and get a table in the middle section if you can, you then can see a slice of water. There's lots of people watching to be had as several restaurants share the same space. I imagine it gets quite crowded in the evenings during the season as there are outdoor bars as well, but the day we were there, it was great and parking was plentiful.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We have been coming to HH for years now. This is the best food I've had here hands down. The vegan gluten free menu is awesome. Being a chef makes me picky anyway but having food allergies as we'll is always a task when eating out. The manager was very friendly and asked several questions as to make sure I enjoyed my stay. He made several menu suggestions which were delicious! We are going back tonight with friends and will probably visit a few more times during our stay!! Thank you Urban Vegan!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Found this gem in HHI. We ate 3 times in 2 days. That's how good the food is. Joe , our server who takes care of the restaurant is great.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We always look for vegan restaurants (in Vancouver, Montreal, the Eastern Shore, and it's not easy) because our daughter has dairy and egg allergies (& recently just went ahead and chose to be vegan). The Urban Vegan Cafe and Captain Fishy's was JUST WONDERFUL! Aside from the fact that our group can eat vegan and fish at the same meal (fabulous), the vegan food is kind of spectacular. Vegan creme brûlée! And it was amazing! We began our meal with a delicious appetizer of Cauliflower PopPops. We had the Apricot Almond Cole Slaw as a side, which really could be served at any four star restaurant (ok, one that serves Cole Slaw). I had the non-vegan, regular, crab cakes and they were so tasty, just like homemade! Really, what we got was a vegan surprise that anyone who isn't even vegan could appreciate and rave about. This is our second day here in Hilton Head and we will definitive be going back this week for at least one more meal, if not more. Plus dessert.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stopped in today for lunch with our daughter who is vegan. She refers to our area as a food dessert for vegans! This place was great! Not only did they have a full page menu of vegan cuisine, they had several vegan appetizers and desserts, as well as 5 vegan specials for the day. Our daughter was THRILLED! She ordered the Brussels sprout burgers which came with a side of black bean quinoa with a chipotle "cream" sauce, and fried spinach. The "burgers " came with a vegan bacon ranch dipping sauce that was delicious. The great thing about this restaurant is they also offer us carnivores a whole page menu, mostly seafood but hey we're at the beach! The fried clam sandwich was yummy! And the sweet potato fries with old bay seasoning were soooooo good! Looking forward to going back again soon! Shout out to our server Joe! Great knowledge of the menu & very friendly! We will definitely be back