“Unimpressed”
Review of Red Fish

Red Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palmetto Bay
Description: Red Fish specializes in excellent seafood and steaks in an upscale casual dining environment. An annual recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine's Best of Award of Excellence since 2001, our Wine Retail Shop offers 1300 wines from around the world for you to choose from either to take home or enjoy with your meal (small corkage fee applies).
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I had the special fish dish called something unknown to me. The waiter said it was a nice white fish dish but it was Monk fish. Obviously blitzed in the microwave, it had a large, very dark bit, about half the portion, and the rice accompanying it had hard bits probably caused by the microwaving, and a forgetable sauce.

The white wine was not chilled and corkage was charged because it is also a wine shop. Altogther an unpleasant experience I would not recommend, preferring Bonefish where my meal ,again the special fish dish, was freahly cooked and excellent.

1  Thank Brian1946
Write a ReviewReviews (1,786)

Reviewed October 16, 2009

We ate here for the 3rd time a few nights ago and I must say I am surprised this restaurant is not higher in the ratings...just shows how many good places to eat there are in HH. The food is excellent and the wait staff friendly. Excellent food and great atmosphere .....what more can you ask for?

Reviewed October 14, 2009

Last night my husband and I ate at Red Fish and had the most wonderful dinig experience. As soon as we walked in we werre greeted by friendly faces and seated immediately. We were extremely impressed with the retail wine shop and the server's knowledge of the different wines. What a great concept. After our wines was opened we took our server's suggestions for appetizers and entrees and were so delighted with how wonderful the food was. Also the service there was amazing, we felt like the whole restaurant was catering only to us. I would recommend Red Fish to everyone in Hilton Head.

Reviewed October 14, 2009

My wife and I are local residents of Hilton Head. We used to go out around the restaurant scene all the time, but since having a five month old baby we have been unable to get out quite as much as we used to. Needless to say, this was our "big night out" so we wanted to do it right. I had eaten at redfish before and remembered it being one of the best restaurants I had been to. But i did not remember it being this great.

The server was prompt and polite, but was not pushy . She was there when we needed her, but she still gave us plenty of time to decide what kind of wine we wanted, what entrees we wanted, and really she just gave us time to enjoy each others company without being pushy like some other servers can be.

My wife got the Filet Mignon that was served with Stuffed Mushrooms and Spinanch, and I got the Broiled Scallops that was served with the Lobster Macaronni. We spit these two entrees and really were in disbelief at how amazing both were. The presentation was beautiful, and although we hadn't really had alone time without a baby in a while, it was kind of funny that all we could talk about was how outstanding the food was.

In addition to the food, there is a huge wine list. We elected to get a $34 bottle of Merlot. I think it was called Canyon Road. It was one of the lower priced wines, but completely did the trick for us.

As the nights my wife and I get out are few and far between anymore, I just wanted to commend redfish for making our night out as great as they did. It really is a big deal to us that things were so awesome because its not everyday we get to go out like this anymore. THANK YOU REDFISH for giving us the best dining experience I can remember.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I don't usually tend toward hyperbole, but I have to say that Redfish's grilled sea bass is the best piece of fish I've ever had. Truly marvelous. So much so, that I made a return visit two nights later, and it was every bit as good. The wine selection is also outstanding; had a wonderful Malbec. Service excellent; attentive, but not intrusive. Highly recommend.