“Great Private Room”
Review of Red Fish

Red Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palmetto Bay
Description: Red Fish specializes in excellent seafood and steaks in an upscale casual dining environment. An annual recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine's Best of Award of Excellence since 2001, our Wine Retail Shop offers 1300 wines from around the world for you to choose from either to take home or enjoy with your meal (small corkage fee applies).
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Private Room”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I recently traveled to Hilton Head for a wedding and were completely blown away by the reception at Redfish Restaurant. The food (Sea Bass and Filet), the service (Nicole and Betsy) and the open kitchen/ wine cellar concept for the private room were all absolutely amazing. We loved everything so much we went back the very next night for dinner and were just as impressed.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank douglas c

NY
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Someone recommended us this place and boy, did we love this place.

I had the best burger and my wife had the freshest seafood... excellent!

Order what you like and can't go wrong.

1 Thank JunkTrips
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great outside dining!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed a very nice dinner and glass of wine at the Redfish. We shared the Crab Cakes and Vegetable Strudel plus the Southwestern wedge salad. We sat out on their outdoor patio and had to move once as it started to rain, part of the area is roofed and we really enjoyed the outdoor dining. The salad was wonderful, crisp and tasty. The crabcakes were good, I actually prefer lump crabmeat in those and these were shredded. The vegetable strudel was very good, wrapped in a crisp phyllo and not too rich, I would order that again. All in all a very pleasurable experience.

1 Thank Sherrie P
pugnut
“Mediocre”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice outdoor area to dine in the evening with heat lamps but that was probably the best part. Food was only OK-the black bean soup was overly salty and the edamame hummus was just a bad idea. I love hummus and edamame but this had an unappetizing texture and flavor, something was just off about it. Calamari was bland (little seasoning in the coating would help) and the sauce served with it didn't work. Mojito was pretty good but I don't think we would return.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank pugnut
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Post Half Marathon Dinner Delight”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I found the following most noteworthy about Red Fish, Hilton Head: Winner of 2008 Taste of the Season!Voted by the Readers of Hilton Head Monthly Magazine *Best Wine Selection! (2008 & 09)*Favorite Restaurant for Lunch! (2008 & 09)*Favorite Restaurant for Burgers! (2008)*Favorite Caterer (2008)
Boasting of over 1,300 wines, My friends and I finished the Savannah Half Marathon 2013 and decided to dive in with Red Fish. We left Savannah that Saturday afternoon due to room rates being elevated to near $400. Only 46 miles away was Hilton Head Island where we decided to stay for the night. Searching for a nice place to dine, with very large appetites, we came across Red Fish on the internet. The urban casual but upscale restaurant had a wonderful cuisine menu offering varieties of low country meals, seafood, steaks and a wet-your-appetite assortment of appetizers. I had the scallops with asparagus which were spicy and juicy and delicious. We all shared the crab dip and bread which came with a wonderfully unique dip made with lemon juice, cilantro, onion, olive oil, garlic. Highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Hilton Head any time soon.

2 Thank Cabanajulz