“Great service and food and a good value.”
Review of Red Fish

Red Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palmetto Bay
Description: Red Fish specializes in excellent seafood and steaks in an upscale casual dining environment. An annual recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine's Best of Award of Excellence since 2001, our Wine Retail Shop offers 1300 wines from around the world for you to choose from either to take home or enjoy with your meal (small corkage fee applies).
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to the early dining and enjoyed sitting outside. It was a little chilly but we were seated next to a wood burning fireplace as well as an outside heater.
The caesar salad was delicious. I had the coconut shrimp which was tasty. My husband had the tilapia and he also liked it. Our girls also liked their kids meals-- there were a decent amount of selections for them as well.
We loved our desserts. We got the key lime pie and the twix dessert. I think the key lime pie was slightly better but both were great. My daughter corrects me and says that the key lime pie was like heaven.
Our waitress was fantastic and was quick with the refills on our drinks and they were also attentive about clearing. Quite a difference from our meal the other night. It was also nice to be seated right away with our reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,826)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friend and I went on 3/29/13. We didn't make reservations and although we were seated close to the kitchen, we didn't mind.

We opted for the "Early Dining" for $14.95, just to see what they were like. She ordered some kind of pasta with chicken, which was not listed on the website. I ordered the "Latin Ribs". The portions were generous and we both liked our meals with their complimentary glass of white wine.

We both agreed that the food and atmosphere was very nice and service was good. We would definitely return.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family of four + two grandparents ate Easter Brunch here. Very nice menu for adults and kids, including bloody marys and wines. We had a noon reservation, but service was quite slow so took a long time to get rolls to tide us over, then long time in between courses. Bus and Wait staff was nearly running, with no time for even a little chat or niceties. Atmosphere was very loud.

This can't be a new issue for them, or have caught them unprepared, so I put this on the owner/manager. Quality of food/wine may make it worth another visit on a non-holiday to give it a second chance, but I'm not inclined.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family and I went to Red Fish last night for dinner on Easter Sunday. From the very beginning after our waiter announced that he was 'extremely tired', everything we asked from him was made out to be a huge imposition on him. He slammed glasses on the table, ripped menus from peoples hands and brought our main courses when people were still eating their starters.

It would of been polite for the staff to let us know on the phone when we called to make a reservation that as it was easter Sunday they would be closing at a specific time, as I think it is extremely unprofessional and rude to turn all the lights off in a restaurant when we were sitting outside and lock the doors around us in the hopes to hurry us to leave.

1  Thank waller10
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Good food. Good service. Nice wine list.

Shrimp burger was tasty and enjoyed the shrimp and grits!!

And a nice wine store when you walk!!!