“Awesome lunch!”
Review of Red Fish

Red Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palmetto Bay
Description: Red Fish specializes in excellent seafood and steaks in an upscale casual dining environment. An annual recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine's Best of Award of Excellence since 2001, our Wine Retail Shop offers 1300 wines from around the world for you to choose from either to take home or enjoy with your meal (small corkage fee applies).
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Went on a recommendation and really liked it. Will for sure go back for dinner...had some nice bottles of wine inside. Portions were large...good for sharing. Lots of good, interesting salads, sandwiches, etc.

1  Thank I_love_trips
Write a ReviewReviews (1,794)

Reviewed January 24, 2012

My dad and I went there for lunch I had the seafood roll and he had the Nicoise tuna sandwich. We chose fruits over fries and it was GREAT. My seafood roll was absolutely FULL of lobster, crab and shrimps. Delightful! And my dad's tuna sandwich with seared tuna was really great too. The staff was really nice and the place is beautiful :)

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've probably eaten at Redfish a dozen or or so times over the last five years. It is one of the better restaurants on Hilton Head. Even during the "slow" period of mid-January the dining room was quite full on a Saturday night. This may have in part been due to the specially-priced prix fixe menu for "restaurant week".

I enjoy the food at Redfish. Some of my favorites are the Latin Ribs, Cuban Black Bean Soup, and the Cajun Shrimp and Lobster Burger. Redfish isn't fine dining, it's fairly casual. Portion sizes are generally big (not huge). Service is capable and very accommodating. I would eat at Redfish based on the food experience alone (note my rating of the restaurant's food is 4 out of 5), but it's the wine experience where Redfish really excels (and it's the wine which pushes Redfish up to a 5 of 5 overall rating).

The restaurant is also a retail wine store. In addition to wines available on the "wine list", guests may also select and purchase any wine from the retail store and for an additional $10 corkage fee have the wine served either at the bar or with dinner. While the wine list offers approximately 80 selections, there are hundreds of wines offered retail. Typically, I'll arrive at the restaurant 15 or 20 minutes before my reservation time to peruse the wines and make a selection or selections for dinner.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We were so lucky to be in Hilton Head during the Red Fish Restaurant's "Restaurant Month" where there was a delightful and delicious 4 course Prix Fixe menu available. (We ate there January 11 and 12th). They have extended their usual "Restaurant Week" to a month! It was well worth the visit. My husband and I went on a Wednesday evening on the first visit. It was not very crowded and I feel we had a more attentive kitchen.
While the menu states the portions are smaller on the Prix Fixe menu than the a la carte menu, we found the portions just fine. We enjoyed the crispy spring roll appetizer, assorted veggies in a very delicious fried crispy wrapper on a bed of sauce that reminded me of Chinese restaurant duck sauce, but worked fine in this dish. Next was a spinach, hard cooked egg, blue cheese, and bacon salad with a warm bacon vinaigrette. I was glad I ordered the dressing separately as on other orders we saw, the salad seemed to be drowned in the dressing. Our main course was grilled sea scallops (2 large), with nicely done asparagus spears as garnish, and what they call macaroni and cheese. It is not the usual elbow mac but orchietta pasta in pretty rich cheese sauce. Delicious but very rich! We chose key lime pie for dessert which was lovely and garnished with a strawberry and a few blueberries. This was a lovely meal for an incredibly low price of around $25 each. Service was friendly and attentive.

We also went the next evening with colleagues on a Thursday eve which seemed a lot busier and the wait between courses was longer and the garnishes were limited. We figured it was because the kitchen was a bit overwhelmed by the increase in orders from the additional business that night.

I recommend this restaurant, particularly during "Restaurant Week-Month" but best to go mid week. i think the resort atmosphere kicks in starting Thursday. Regular menu prices seemed the usual, "resort mark-up" and less of a good deal.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great seafood. Asked waitress to modify how they prepared my grouper and it came out excellent. Definitely one of the best restaurants on the island.