“An Island Gem!”
Review of 843

Reserve with OpenTable
843 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fun Farm Fresh to table Food! Please join us for a culinary journey through many parts of the world in our casually elegant dining room or intimate garden patio. We pride ourselves on our worldwide eclectic farm fresh offerings; that are prepared and served by, and for, fun people; based on the foods we love to eat. No mean people allowed! Our exclusive wine list and handcrafted cocktails are designed to enhance your dining experience. Lunch Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 to 3:00pm., A crazy wild and fun brunch Sunday 8:43am to mid-afternoon, Dinner Tuesday through Saturday 5pm to close.
Bluffton, South Carolina
“An Island Gem!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I had the great good fortune to dine at 843 tonight. I've lived on Hilton Head for 20+ years and have dined all over the world and my meal at 843 was a memorable one, so much so, that I will be back! I have to admit I had heard mixed reviews prior to dining here and I am so glad I decided to go and make my own decision. The staff was terrific, knowledgeable about the food on the menu and the daily specials and the wine list! The food was top-notch delicious. Perfectly cooked steak and having never heard of raspberry ketchup we had to try it with our steak frites dish, wow! I never thought ketchup could be so flavorful, familiar, yet different at the same time. I think my next visit will be lunch to try the bleu burger, which had me salivating while reading the menu description.

Many, Many Thanks to the front of the house staff for making me and my dining companion feel not only welcome but cherished and thanks to the chef and kitchen staff for sending out absolutely delicious food!

3 Thank LowCountryIslander

Baltimore, Maryland
“Neiborhood Gem”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife Ann and I had lunch at 843 the other day. The space is warm and cozy, the wait staff couldn't be any nicer and helpful. I expected and got nothing less than I expected from 843. My vegan sandwich was perfect and the fries that came with it were plentiful and served very hot. Ann had the chicken salad. Perfect, just perfect. Kudos to Owner Steve Hamille for bringing 2 of the BEST restaurants to our Island. The other being Vine

1 Thank Gene081809
Columbus, New Jersey, United States
“$2 Mimosas is just the beginning”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Natural lighting provides a clean ambience. Jazz music softly playing. A simple menu consisting of healthy selection. Service is where it's supposed to be.

1 Thank Doy M
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Good but not on our must return list”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have eaten at many of the restaurants on the island and several are on the repeat list. Although 843 is really nice with a great décor, good service and should do well we just found the food to be average. We had the small plates and they were tasty (the sauces were the highlight) but not better than many other restaurants in the area.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Birthday Home Run!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I recently celebrated a birthday w/ my wife & a small group of friends @ 843. We were treated like celebrities. From delicious appetizers and cocktails to our amazing dinners, everything was perfect. The wait staff and restaurant manager never let a glass go empty or a request unanswered-they couldn't have been nicer or more pleasant. Local owners Steve & Anthea Hamile are experienced restaurateurs, and obviously truly care about the food & experience they provide. That personal hands on touch is reflected in every detail. The finale was the Chocolate Espresso birthday cake made by Anthea herself-unbelievable! We all had seconds & I took the rest home! Atmosphere, value, and quality unbeatable, we loved it-Happy Birthday to me! Strongly recommend!

• Visited September 2013