“Good but not on our must return list”
Review of 843 - CLOSED

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fun Farm Fresh to table Food! Please join us for a culinary journey through many parts of the world in our casually elegant dining room or intimate garden patio. We pride ourselves on our worldwide eclectic farm fresh offerings; that are prepared and served by, and for, fun people; based on the foods we love to eat. No mean people allowed! Our exclusive wine list and handcrafted cocktails are designed to enhance your dining experience. Lunch Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 to 3:00pm., A crazy wild and fun brunch Sunday 8:43am to mid-afternoon, Dinner Tuesday through Saturday 5pm to close.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have eaten at many of the restaurants on the island and several are on the repeat list. Although 843 is really nice with a great décor, good service and should do well we just found the food to be average. We had the small plates and they were tasty (the sauces were the highlight) but not better than many other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I recently celebrated a birthday w/ my wife & a small group of friends @ 843. We were treated like celebrities. From delicious appetizers and cocktails to our amazing dinners, everything was perfect. The wait staff and restaurant manager never let a glass go empty or a request unanswered-they couldn't have been nicer or more pleasant. Local owners Steve & Anthea Hamile are experienced restaurateurs, and obviously truly care about the food & experience they provide. That personal hands on touch is reflected in every detail. The finale was the Chocolate Espresso birthday cake made by Anthea herself-unbelievable! We all had seconds & I took the rest home! Atmosphere, value, and quality unbeatable, we loved it-Happy Birthday to me! Strongly recommend!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am a local, but this is the first time I have eaten at this fairly new restaurant. I went with a group of friends for a holiday meal/celebration and couldn't have had a nicer experience. Our waiter was well-versed on the menu as well as the restaurant's farm-to-table philosophy. We ordered several small plates to share and everything was presented nicely and tasted wonderful!

As a side note...the restaurant is beautifully decorated for the holidays.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I went here for lunch today with some friends. It was fantastic. I noticed that some people mentioned (in the reviews) that this place is pricey. I had one of the specials and a mimosa and my bill was $18. Their tomato soup is awesome. The place is small and quaint. We all really liked it a lot. This is definitely a place you need to check out!

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My neice, who lives on Hilton Head Island, says this is her favorite restaurant, and I have to agree. The decor is eclectic and fun, and the food was spectacular. Will definitely go back. And the wine list is wonderful.