“Interesting”
Review of 843

Reserve with OpenTable
843 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fun Farm Fresh to table Food! Please join us for a culinary journey through many parts of the world in our casually elegant dining room or intimate garden patio. We pride ourselves on our worldwide eclectic farm fresh offerings; that are prepared and served by, and for, fun people; based on the foods we love to eat. No mean people allowed! Our exclusive wine list and handcrafted cocktails are designed to enhance your dining experience. Lunch Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 to 3:00pm., A crazy wild and fun brunch Sunday 8:43am to mid-afternoon, Dinner Tuesday through Saturday 5pm to close.
Hilton Head, SC
“Interesting”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Prior reviews and comments that I had heard led me to think: 1) That prices would be high; 2) That the smaller portions (Tapas?) would be really small; and 3) That the interior would be loud and the outside area basically fronting a parking lot. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

First, prices were reasonable. This is an upscale resort community. If you go to an upscale restaurant you should not be surprised at entree prices running from $18 to $32. Second, the appetizer (Tapas) portions were more than adequate. I had a tuna carpaccio and the venison sausage and was more than satisfied. Third, the interior was well decorated and, on a Saturday, quite quiet. Had we decided to eat outside the area was well screened from the parking area and was quite attractive. So, I do not know where these complaints came from. I found 843 to have a good menu, well prepared food at reasonable prices and an attractive decor. Try it, I think you will be pleased.

• Visited October 2013

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Loved my lunch loaded with LOCAL, FRESH ingredients!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

A fellow restauranteur of Bistro 843 recommended this excellent restaurant, as my normal spot had closed (for lunch) during the fall season. What a great recommendation! I first noticed outdoor seating, which is great (& dog friendly-added bonus). I actually sat at the bar since I was alone, and everything was just perfect! The restaurant was completely packed with people waiting to be seated, but my service was impeccable. I ordered a salad without the meat, and it was fresh, delicious, & prepared exactly as I specified. Their lunch menu was loaded with options, including vegan, which is impressive (though I haven't ventured that far, yet). I actually went back again, today, only to learn they are CLOSED MONDAYS. I guess I'll have to wait until my next visit to HHI for my crave to be satisfied.

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
“My new favorite resturant”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I love this restaurant and have been going there since the third day it was opened. It is always full, so please make reservations, What I love about this restaurant is that it is farm to table. They have a farm between Hilton Head and Charleston, and I know the food is fresh depending on the season. They state on the menu what local farms supply their protein, so I know I am not eating any GMO's or processed food. I go there often and wanted by birthday lunch there. Steve (owner) is always there talking to guest. It is a very relaxing and comfortable place to eat. For those who say the food is more expensive, just remember you get what you pay for, and I pay for fresh food that is hot overly processed, and I do not think it is over priced compared to many of the other restaurants I visit.

1 Thank Sherrie M
Bellevue, Washington
“Nice high end lunch spot”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, service and food come at a price, but there is certainly value here. My off-menu special turkey sandwich came with terrific bread, outstanding tomatoes, and a nice Brie and relish. I'm not certain I'd pay these prices to sit on the off-parking-lot outdoor seating, but the ding room is very comfortable and staff is customer-oriented.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Excellent restaurant!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Restaurant was a hidden gem. Never had heard of them and a friend recommended. Went there for lunch. Atmosphere is great - very warm and cozy feeling. Love the outside patio. I probably had the best chicken Caesar salad I have ever had. The chicken in the salad had the best flavor! Service was great - I will definitely return.

1 Thank hotsummer