“Local Bistro ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Bistro Mediterranean - CLOSED

Le Bistro Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Local Bistro ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Located in a mall that looks like it's on its way out! This plus an "early" dining menu good until 9:30 gave the impression it'd be quiet! Heck no - bustling and clearly a local favourite. We had to ask for the early menu but 2 courses for $15.95 was excellent value and a good experience. Salad especially nice.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Great meal, great service. Local fried oysters to die for. Leg of lamp - very good with a great sauce. Veal Piccata was perfect again with a great sauce.

Newcastle, Canada
“Early Dining Menu Was Just Right...filled the spot without stuffing us!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had we ventured into Le Bistro Mediterranean earlier in our relatively short stay in Hilton Head, we probably would have returned for the Early Dining Menu which offered enough variety for a second visit with filling while not overwhelming portion sizes.

(While I realize it is our choice whether or not to eat the whole meal as offered, I often find it disconcerting traveling in the States to be told whatever we don't eat we can take home with us...and then we reply..."to a hotel with a fridge and a microwave and we don't fly or drive back for a few more days"!)

My wife had the Butternut Squash Ravioli and a glass of Riesling, while I went for the Leg of Lamb Au Jus with a glass of Merlot. Both came with a small Greek salad with an interesting house dressing and a basket of parmesan garlic toast.

I would highly recommend Le Bistro Mediterranean over at least one of the "over-rated tourist traps" we ate at this past week!

Farmington Hills, MI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Food was excellent (Veal Marsala and seafood crepe). Service very attentive and helpful. Staff took care to present the best. Of all the choices on the Island, Le Bistro should be on your list.
PS Also has a fine Tappas Bar.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
St. Petersburg, Florida
“My favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

After hearing about Le Bistro from my parents for years as a young girl I could not wait to experience the food and the atmosphere for myself. After dining there for about 10 years now, it still remains my favorite on the island and one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten. Tonight I had the scallop special and it was melt in your mouth delicious. As always, the bread was amazing as was the starter salad that comes with each meal. The apple strudel crepe with cinnamon ice cream was the perfect end to a extraordinary meal. Our server was Robin was excellent and she was very attentive and friendly. I love seeing Faisal, the owner, every time I enter the restaurant. He always treats me and my family like his own. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm. I look forward to the next time I am able to dine at Le Bistro.