“Great meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Great meal, great service. Local fried oysters to die for. Leg of lamp - very good with a great sauce. Veal Piccata was perfect again with a great sauce.

Newcastle, Canada
“Early Dining Menu Was Just Right...filled the spot without stuffing us!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had we ventured into Le Bistro Mediterranean earlier in our relatively short stay in Hilton Head, we probably would have returned for the Early Dining Menu which offered enough variety for a second visit with filling while not overwhelming portion sizes.

(While I realize it is our choice whether or not to eat the whole meal as offered, I often find it disconcerting traveling in the States to be told whatever we don't eat we can take home with us...and then we reply..."to a hotel with a fridge and a microwave and we don't fly or drive back for a few more days"!)

My wife had the Butternut Squash Ravioli and a glass of Riesling, while I went for the Leg of Lamb Au Jus with a glass of Merlot. Both came with a small Greek salad with an interesting house dressing and a basket of parmesan garlic toast.

I would highly recommend Le Bistro Mediterranean over at least one of the "over-rated tourist traps" we ate at this past week!

Farmington Hills, MI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Food was excellent (Veal Marsala and seafood crepe). Service very attentive and helpful. Staff took care to present the best. Of all the choices on the Island, Le Bistro should be on your list.
PS Also has a fine Tappas Bar.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“My favorite restaurant”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

After hearing about Le Bistro from my parents for years as a young girl I could not wait to experience the food and the atmosphere for myself. After dining there for about 10 years now, it still remains my favorite on the island and one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten. Tonight I had the scallop special and it was melt in your mouth delicious. As always, the bread was amazing as was the starter salad that comes with each meal. The apple strudel crepe with cinnamon ice cream was the perfect end to a extraordinary meal. Our server was Robin was excellent and she was very attentive and friendly. I love seeing Faisal, the owner, every time I enter the restaurant. He always treats me and my family like his own. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm. I look forward to the next time I am able to dine at Le Bistro.

virginia
“Refreshingly unique”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After many years eating at many restaurants, I have identified a few factors that separate the great ones from the competition. Quality of food, consistency, genuine friendly service are all important, and disqualify many pretenders. Serving food that is not like every other eatery is, for me, the real clincher. At Le Bistro, the preparations rise above the rest. Beginning with the herb bread which is impossible to stop eating, each item is uniquely different than what you are used to, but subtly, not adventurously. The sauces are full of fresh herbs and bring out the best in every preparation. When served piping hot out of the kitchen, the result is delicious whether you ordered fish and seafood, veal beef lamb or chicken, or eggplant for the vegetarians. The wine list is extensive, the desserts wonderful (and also unique).
Don't get me wrong, they nail the other keys as well. Robin, our server tonight and a long time employee, always says hello to us even if we are not her table that evening. The owner Faisal hugs the ladies and greets you like you are entering his home, and treats you that way once you are inside.If you live on Hilton Head and haven't eaten at Le Bistro, you should. If you are a visitor like me, make sure to go because you will want to return to the island all the more.