“Refreshingly unique”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
virginia
“Refreshingly unique”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After many years eating at many restaurants, I have identified a few factors that separate the great ones from the competition. Quality of food, consistency, genuine friendly service are all important, and disqualify many pretenders. Serving food that is not like every other eatery is, for me, the real clincher. At Le Bistro, the preparations rise above the rest. Beginning with the herb bread which is impossible to stop eating, each item is uniquely different than what you are used to, but subtly, not adventurously. The sauces are full of fresh herbs and bring out the best in every preparation. When served piping hot out of the kitchen, the result is delicious whether you ordered fish and seafood, veal beef lamb or chicken, or eggplant for the vegetarians. The wine list is extensive, the desserts wonderful (and also unique).
Don't get me wrong, they nail the other keys as well. Robin, our server tonight and a long time employee, always says hello to us even if we are not her table that evening. The owner Faisal hugs the ladies and greets you like you are entering his home, and treats you that way once you are inside.If you live on Hilton Head and haven't eaten at Le Bistro, you should. If you are a visitor like me, make sure to go because you will want to return to the island all the more.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Favorite restaurant on the island!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been eating at Le Bistro for 24 years and it remains my favorite restaurant year after year! We live in Virginia Beach and travel here 1-3x per year. One of the highlights of our trip is eating the wonderfully prepared food at this restaurant. The fish and seafood is so fresh with great sauces. Tonight I had the seabass and it was outstanding as usual. The desserts are all delicious, but tonight we had the apple strudel crepe with cinnamon icecream which was outstanding. My daughter tried several of the Tapas items and all were excellent. The service is always perfect. Robin, our server tonight, is attentive, friendly and professional. We are lucky to have had her serve us many times over the years, she is a fantastic server. My husband and I feel privileged to have gotten to know the owner, Faisal, over the years. He is always on the premises checking to make sure all goes smooth at the restaurant. This is key to a great restaurant. He is welcoming and friendly which makes you feel so special when you walk in the door. This restaurant is so unique as it features fantastic food, a terrific wait staff and lastly a wonderful owner who truly cares about his customers. Don't miss out on trying Le Bistro, you will not be disappointed!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After months of thinking about dining at Le Bistro Mediterranean we finally visited last Friday. Our meals were excellent. the Sea Bass and Ducks Roast were well prepared. We will return for the food.

The service was another story. after being seated and handed menus we waited and waited for for our server to take our drink order. She finally blew by and quickly took our order. After a another long wait she returned and was very eager to leave as quickly as possible. It was not as if she was swamped with tables. There was one table of eight that she was serving. She seemed to stand and talk with the other table as we sat with empty glasses and plates. This was the theme of the evening. We were ignored and spent time waiting for our server.

We did not order a bottle of wine and instead went with single glasses. the server did bring bottle our wine from a central location and poor at the table. After my second glass there was a small amount left in the bottle. As she was walking away she tipped the bottle and finished it before reaching the trash bin.

Danbury, Connecticut
“Best meal I've ever had on Hilton head”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've been coming to hilton head for 25 years and my meal at Le bistro was excellent. I had rack of lamb and I have say it was the best rack of lamb I've ever had, ever. Do your self a favor and go to Le bistro. Joel from ct .

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Consistently Delicious!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Tiny place with great food. The servers are very nice and always are very friendly. We especially like the lamb items on the menu. The stuffed flounder is overflowing with crabmeat. The garlic bread they serve is the best. The food comes hot hot and the salads cold cold- just as they should. I always go here at least every time I visit usually in March and October. You will not be unhappy here. The only thing I can offer to improve the experience is the lighting is really poor, and it is often a bit on the warm side for me.