“The Best place for dinning on the Island!!!!!!”
Review of Le Bistro Mediterranean - CLOSED

Le Bistro Mediterranean
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a must for us every time we visit HHI and our family has spent summers here for 40 years. Although we all have favorites on the menu...mine is the lamb curry, the restaurant is transformed almost daily by its fresh specials. Whatever Faisal, the owner deems high enough quality for that day/s special is then prepared in the authentic Mediterranean ways and the result is (in our experience) always amazing!

The atmosphere is intimate, warm and inviting...trust me, I know the strip mall entrance is not its best feature...the service is great, they work together in that old European "family" way!

For the wine lover, you have found a friend in Faisal. He is both extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The wine cellar is a real treasure trove.

When friends ask us where to eat on HHI, we tell them this is where the Islander's and those "in the know" dine!!! I hope you will try it. We love it!!!!

1  Thank Jeffoutten

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Le Bistro Mediterranean is a gem of a restaurant. It has been on the island for decades, an indication of its quality. On a recent visit I had the Veal Marsala, and it was delicious. My companion had escargo, and lamb; both of which she enjoyed. On a previous visit I enjoyed squash filled ravioli.

Le Bistro's menu has items not seen on other restaurant's menus. I went to the restaurant with a large group, and everyone was highly pleased with their dining experience.

I must mention the friendly, efficient waitstaff who seem to have been there a long time. Finally, I was seated with a view of the kitchen and enjoyed watching the smooth teamwork that produced the quality food.

If you enjoy fine dining, Le Bistro should be on your list.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family has been coming to Hilton Head for decades, and we first started going to Le Bistro in the late 1980's. Faisal is still owner, and runs the front. He always remembers us, and it seems that he knows lots of the other guests as well. The wait staff also seem to be long-time employees and the service is very professional. You really get the feeling that you've walked into an authentic neighborhood bistro.
The décor and the food both have a Moroccan influence, but the cuisine is still firmly rooted in classical French tradition. The tables all are inlaid with a Spanish-influenced tile. There is a huge wine list with all sorts of interesting selections from the budget friendly to some very high-end wines. This is demonstrated by the walls and racks of wine bottles. There is an open kitchen, so you can watch the chefs cook. Like much of Hilton Head, the atmosphere is casual. Most men were wearing khakis with polo shirts or button-downs. No ties.
The menu has a classic French selection of veal, filet mignon, lamb, scallops, shrimp, and fish. There always seem to be a few extra fish specials like trigger fish or monkfish. My favorite appetizers are either the Mussels Mariniere, Escargots Bourguignonne, or the Coquille St. Jacques. For a main course I like to get Veal Marsala, Flounder Meuniere, or rack of lamb. For dessert I get either chocolate mousse or rum pie. They also have a tapas menu with all kinds of small items like calamari and lamb sausage. The food is as good as any bistro that I have eaten in during my trips to Europe. My family has been coming here for years and it is always a real treat and an anticipated high-point of our Hilton Head vacations. This is an authentic Mediterranean bistro experience.

1  Thank Sean W
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The décor and the food both have a Moroccan influence, but the cuisine is still firmly rooted in classical French tradition. The tables all are inlaid with a Spanish-influenced tile. There is a huge wine list with all sorts of interesting selections from the budget friendly to some very high-end wines. This is demonstrated by the walls and racks of wine bottles. There is an open kitchen, so you can see the chefs cooking. Like much of Hilton Head, the atmosphere is casual. Most men were wearing khakis with polo shirts or button-downs. No ties.
The menu has a classic French selection of veal, filet mignon, lamb, scallops, shrimp, and fish. There always seem to be a few extra fish specials like trigger fish or monkfish. My favorites are either the My family has been coming to Hilton Head for decades, and we first started going to Le Bistro in the late 1980's. Faisal is still owner, and runs the front. He always remembers us, and it seems that he knows lots of the other guests as well. You really get the feeling that you've walked into an authentic neighborhood bistro.
The décor and the food both have a Moroccan influence, but the cuisine is still firmly rooted in classical French tradition. The tables all are inlaid with a Spanish-influenced tile. There is a huge wine list with all sorts of interesting selections from the budget friendly to some very high-end wines. This is demonstrated by the walls and racks of wine bottles. Like much of Hilton Head, the atmosphere is casual. Most men were wearing khakis with polo shirts or button-downs. No ties.
The menu has a classic French selection of veal, filet mignon, lamb, scallops, shrimp, and fish. There always seem to be a few extra fish specials like trigger fish or monkfish. My favorite appetizers are either the Mussels Mariniere, Escargots Bourguignonne, or the Coquille St. Jacques. For a main course I like to get Veal Marsala, Flounder Meuniere, or rack of lamb. For dessert I get either chocolate mousse or rum pie. They also have a tapas menu with all kinds of small items like calamari and lamb sausage. The food is as good as any bistro that I have eaten in during my trips to Europe. My family has been coming here for years and it is always a real treat and an anticipated high-point of our yearly Hilton Head vacation. This is an authentic Mediterranean bistro experience.

3  Thank Sean W
Reviewed May 29, 2013

On 5-22-13 My wife and I arrived late on HHI after a long day of travel and work. We decided to stop to eat since it was already 8:30 before going to the condo to unload. Called Le Bistro Mediterranean to see if we could get a table and Faisal said he would be happy to take care us. We've been eating here for over 20 years. We dine at many places on HHI as well as numerous other cities. Le Bistro Mediterranean makes us feel welcome and the food is very good. I chose the Veal Marsala and my wife had the Veal Piccata...both were great. Our waitress took great care of us and the dinner was just wanted we needed that evening. We'll be back.