“Check out the soup”

Santa Fe Cafe
Ranked #29 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We bring the very best of Southwestern culture and cuisine home to the Lowcountry. Our menu has been an Islanders" preferred dining spot for over 20 years and with dishes like our famous grouper, to our bone-in cowboy cut black angus ribeye, our outrageous chimichanga to even lobster fajitas, we're sure to have a new favorite waiting for you. From the sounds of the live Ranchero guitar player to the smells rising from our mesquite grill, Santa Fe Cafe is a much welcomed reprieve for the senses. Even when you're outside underneath the stars on our Rooftop Cantina, we've got you covered.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

upscale high-quality Mexican with a special Santa Fe soup. Good for lunch or dinner average price. Very clean and well run you will enjoy it

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My whole party really liked the food at this restaurant. I got the BBQ Tacos and thought they were delicious. Other members of my party got the Chimichanga and raved about that. The Painted Desert Soup, was very unique and also a beautiful dish at the same time. They also have a musician who was playing in the upstairs area. I knocked it down a star, because when you are paying this much for food, you should never have to pay for chips and salsa.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I came in with my daughter and her friend on a Monday night at 7 pm. We had called the restaurant directly a few days before to secure a reservation and were sat immediately. The food was outstanding, as it always is. Worth every penny!! The service was impeccable. Des was polite and friendly as she gave us details about the specials. She checked on us frequently throughout the meal. We started with a caesar salad, tortilla soup and painted desert soup, all of which were tasty in their own right. My daughter's friend ordered the salmon. The presentation was exceptional and the taste matched. It was cooked perfectly and with a crunch on the outer crust. My daughter and I shared the cowboy steak, which was so juicy and delicious. The onion rings on top are my favorite. The girls drank the white sangria which they said was just perfect. Ownership was extremely attentive. Why would anyone go anywhere else to eat on the island?

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Love coming here year after year. I always get the same thing tortilla soup and fish tacos. Never changes and tastes awesome. My son and husband love the pork sandwich. My other kids each the flautas.

No the best chips and salsa but the meal is well worth it. They also make a great margarita. I will def go back before I head home.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went there for our anniversary celebration with family. Sat outside on the deck, live music started at 7pm, the guy was great. Food was good, very large portions, we need to share next time we go back. Overall great food, service a fun night for all.