“Amazing food and wonderful ambiance!!!”
Review of Santa Fe Cafe

Santa Fe Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Santa Fe Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 368 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We bring the very best of Southwestern culture and cuisine home to the Lowcountry. Our menu has been an Islanders" preferred dining spot for over 20 years and with dishes like our famous grouper, to our bone-in cowboy cut black angus ribeye, our outrageous chimichanga to even lobster fajitas, we're sure to have a new favorite waiting for you. From the sounds of the live Ranchero guitar player to the smells rising from our mesquite grill, Santa Fe Cafe is a much welcomed reprieve for the senses. Even when you're outside underneath the stars on our Rooftop Cantina, we've got you covered.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Amazing food and wonderful ambiance!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had the stuffed free range chicken with jalapeño corn bread.... aaaaamazing! My husband had the shrimp tacos and the sauce was awesome, best shrimp tacos I've ever tasted. Food was fantastic and definitely gourmet. We say upstairs on patio and enjoyed the guitarists. Best meal we've had here and we will make this a regular stop for us going forward evey year!! Key lime pie was delicious too.

• Visited September 2013

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“try painted desert soup!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

great southwestern food and decor...spacious seating for added privacy, lovely private dining area upstairs for larger groups.......

Visited July 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Painted Desert”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The painted desert soup is outstanding. I order it every time I go. I also enjoy the Parmesan crusted grouper...a nice crust on the outside and moist, white flaky fish inside. The atmosphere on the rooftop deck is outstanding. The music is relaxing and the perfect compliment to the outstanding meal.

• Visited March 2013
hilton head
“OUTSTANDING!!!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Haven't been here for a few years just went for my birthday and boy outstanding food and service. I had the grouper with chipotle au gratin, the fish was perfectly done, crunchy on the outside and tender and flaky on the inside, the au gratin was outstanding. my husband had the pork tenderloin and was really surprised at all the flavors coming through. Service was perfect, pretty busy but not noisy. will definitely hit Santa Fe again

• Visited August 2013
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been here twice now and I have enjoyed it both times. Its better than your run of the mill Southwestern food, quality meal at prices that are on par with the rest of the island. If you are staying in Shelter Cover or Palmetto Dunes its a short walk or bike ride depending on where you are. I recommend sitting on the patio upstairs if you can, cozy outdoor atmosphere. The chimichanga, ceviche and grouper are excellent choices. Serving sizes are good and you will leave full. Great atmosphere and I have had good service both times I've been here.

• Visited August 2013