“Exploring the Island”

Daufuskie Island, Hilton Head, Sc
Ranked #32 of 118 things to do in Hilton Head
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We took our boat from Hilton Head to Daufuskie Island. We rented a golf cart to explore the island. Had a blast. Like going back in time. We had lunch at the Golf course restaurant. Very nice and wonderful service and food. Decided to come back the next day to play golf. It was great. Deer on the tee boxes and views to make your mouth drop. We will play this course again.

3  Thank Diane R
There are newer reviews for Daufuskie Island, Hilton Head, Sc

Reviewed June 28, 2014

All the "attractions" were just empty buildings. Very disappointed that you couldn't go in and see the one room school house. Or they were artist collections without the artist. It's a beautiful island and beach but not much living history here. The best part of our trip was when the golf cart we rented stopped. Two groups of the local residents helped us out because my AT&T cell phone would not work they called the marina to get us help. They stayed and chatted with us about their life on the island. If that didn't happen I would of rated the trip poor. The boat ride over and back was beautiful.

2  Thank ThelmaVickroy
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I could not wait to get off of this hot dirty place, The food area was disgusting, No decent bathrooms,

4  Thank jubishop
Reviewed June 22, 2014

It would be very easy for me to give Daufuskie Island a bad overall rating to keep this quaint, peaceful, beautiful, southern Island all to myself, but....I would be doing others a disservice. Obviously you cannot compare this island to any other's on the east coast. There isn't a boardwalk, rides, mini golf or any other typical attraction that can be found in many shore places. What this island will offer is time to reconnect with your spouse or family, or you can catch up on a good book, take a stroll along the paved streets with the trees drenches in Spanish moss. I did a little research and located Rob Kennedy's historic trail. Although some of the markers were difficult to locate it was enjoyable getting lost on the golf cart and managing to find our way to the next historical marker. The sunset from Old Daufuskie Crab Company, was one of the best I had seen. I grabbed some dinner then afterwards relaxed in the rocking chairs with a glass of wine and witnessed natural beauty at its best. I will say, "ahhhh, Life.is.good". The island has four restaurants which offer both lunch and dinner, breakfast you're on your own. It's difficult to sum up the beauty and solitude this island can offer you and it was a great way to recharge your batteries. I will be returning hopefully sooner than later.

4  Thank lmags0923
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Guide Charlie Thorn was extremely knowledgable and informative about the history and inhabitants of the island. He inspired me to do more research and supplied a list of additional resources. He was attentive to our comfort and safety (during a thunder storm). It was well worth the cost!

2  Thank BeckyVincent