Review Highlights
Great cruise

Great cruise! Saw couple of dolphins, great scenery and amazing sunset. Captain Mark is a great guy!

Reviewed 1 week ago
Saleen277
Dolphin sunset cruise

Low key but beautiful scenery; saw dolphins, wildlife, brief history of area including past weather... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $35.00
from $29.95
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews sunset cruise top deck saw dolphins minutes before departure awesome cruise big boat nice sunset nice boat boarded the boat hilton head island perfect evening shelter cove t shirts dolphins playing per adult his life nice ride
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2013

About 2hrs on the Holiday. Left on time. Ship in great shape with plenty of seating. Good clear sound system. Nearly all the tour is at no wake speed in the marsh area. A few interesting bits of info about the tidal marsh, the expensive estates, privately held Bull Island. He did fine for what little he had to work with since the dolphins really don't come all the way up Broad creek. Got lucky and saw 3 loners.

As soon as we hit the sound he turned the ship around and headed back. Didn't even wait to give us the full sunset.

Don't know if you'll see more dolphins on the tours leaving from the Sea Pines marinas or not but they would give you more time in the sound at better speeds for attracting dolphins who already come in behind the shrimp boats.

Not ad. Not great. Don't regret the money for it but would not do it again.

Date of experience: September 2013
2  Thank sehja1984
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'll be honest. We mainly picked this dolphin cruise for two reasons, it was slow moving and the price was the best we could find on the island ($16 for adults, $8 for children). I was 7 months pregnant and traveling with a 2-year-old. I expected a crowded boat with a poor sound system and no shade. I was wrong. The top deck is open air and has no shade, but it was pleasant while the boat was moving and there were plenty of places on the lower deck to find shade. No one in our party had a problem hearing the narration which was both amusing and informative. Captain Mark spoke a little about the history of the island, the development, pointed out interesting homes, and of course, discussed wildlife including the dolphins. I would estimate there were 30 (no more than 40) passengers aboard and it in no way felt crowded. Once the dolphins were sighted, most people rushed to that side of the boat to take pictures and ooh and ah, but even then, there was plenty of room. Bottom line, for the price I was more than satisfied with the experience. Be aware the boat never moved very fast which was fine for me, but was slightly disappointing to several of the kids in our group. If you are considering this cruise, remember it's cash only and enjoy!

3  Thank Kate K
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I wasn't super excited about this tour - my family was going mostly because my niece wanted to see dolphins. However, I ended up being pleasantly surprised. The tour lasted approximately two hours and included some history and little tid-bits about the island and, of course, dolphin sightings. If you're concerned about getting seasick, don't worry. The entire cruise is on the intracoastal waterways through mostly "no wake" zones.

You pay at the dock for the cruise (no reservations necessary), and be sure to have cash since Captain Mark doesn't accept credit cards. There are also snacks and drinks available for purchase during the cruise.

If you do one of the afternoon cruises - be sure to pack your sunscreen! I got a little red sitting on the top deck of the boat.

1  Thank MMD523
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Took a chance with a Living Social 50% off coupon before leaving home for this 1 hour, 45-min. cruise out of dock C in Shelter Cove Harbor aboard the 80' Holiday. During their peak summer months, Cap't Mark advertises parting times at noon, 2:30 and 5:00 p.m. Along the way our family learned about HHI tides, area wildlife, expensive plantation residences and some low country cultural trivia. Just about the time we turned around to head back to harbor we had almost given up hope of spotting any dolphins when, "There she blows!". From that point on, several bottle nosed dolphins of various sizes were spotted on our return trip. There were no restrictions for bringing your own pop or snacks on board although there's a snack bar on board. Giving this one a thumbs up.

1  Thank kgray_hoosier_hayday