“What's in a Name”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Salty Dog-has and will make all kinds of $$$$$ from using the "dog" in its advertisement. I even used to order "Salty Dog" tshirts for my dog when they were making them. Went to lunch the other day with my dog, outdoor seating of course, at a marina, with a deck, right.....wrong they do not let dogs eat at the restaurant. I was informed I could go somewhere else at the marina and I could get something and eat around back. Last time I will go... even without a dog. Ended up at Black Marlin...outstanding!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were happy to find a special on a pound and a quarter of Main lobster at this restaurant! It was delicious. They practically do all the hard cracking and shelling but when it is served that baby is looking you straight in the eye! It is lying on a bed of other goodies they place underneath! They bib you and away you go! Set for a delicious sweet tasting session. Dip it in the melted butter, and it comes close to being an out of body experience! The price was $18.99, which is exceptional!

This is definitely a seafood lovers' paradise. Menu was extensive and there was adequate staffing to keep everyone watered and fed properly.

We were there with my brother and my sister-in-law!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am an unapologetic foodie and I appreciate a well managed kitchen. We were staying at Sea Pines and decided to stay within the gates for dinner. We liked the idea of outdoor eating at the marina and our expectations were that the food would be nothing special. The four of us were dead wrong. Each of us liked our dinners so much that we weren't keen to share any for the others to taste, but finally we did. Each of the four dinners was well executed. The favorite was the seafood pot pie ( or was it called the fish pot pie?). It was not the typical pot pie with a traditional pie crust. It was way way better than that. It was tres french. Puff pastry with a fabulous white sauce and tons of tasty seafood. Kudos to the chef! If I had any thing negative to say is that the jumbalya was a bit too salty since the andoule sausage gave it plenty of salt without adding any more to it. But I managed to scarf it down, so how bad could it have been?
Also the quality of the beef in the burger was so good that it came out a little dry, so if you order the burger you need to add some condiment to moisten it up a bit. Service was perfect and our total bill was surprisingly low. We liked this place so much we returned there the next night for dinner so we could try some other things on the menu and again we were impressed with the food, ambiance and service. Kudos to the manager and whoever is running the kitchen. When we return next year, we will be dining there again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had to visit Salty Dog because of the reputation. Had the stuffed flounder and it was very good but my husband had the pasta special and said it was not anything special. The she crab soup was very good and we both enjoyed it. The service was average, had to ask her to bring bread then ask for butter. The restaurant was almost empty at 7 pm which we found strange but it was the end of September.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We expected a wait but walked right in. Seafood was fresh and prepared just right. Got the evening special, crab stuffed flounder. The she crab soup was worth the trip. Service and atmosphere were top notch.