“Fantastic View--Great Food!”
Review of Old Oyster Factory

Old Oyster Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Oyster Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 378 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Matthews Drive
Description: The Old Oyster Factory is Hilton Head's premier waterfront dining destination. Enjoy local seafood, hand-cut steaks and amazing water views from every table.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

It's a little out of the way to reach, but the trip is worth it for the incredible views and the incredible selection and quality preparation of the seafood!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Not sure where these folks writing these glowing reviews had dinner, but our experience was horrible.

We were there last September a couple weeks after Labor Day. The place was still packed on a Saturday night. We both had oyster appetizers which were just horrible. I can't even remember our entrees, but we were both extremely disappointed, especially considering the prices - high even for a tourist area. The service was marginal - our waitress was handling a large group, so we were really just an afterthought and had to ask for everthing that we needed - and it was a long time between appetizer and entree. If we hadn't had to wait so long to get it, we would have sent it back. There are MUCHHHHHHH better seafood restaurants on HHI (we've been to the Black Marlin several times and have always been happy). Skip this place.

1  Thank JKatlanta
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The restaurant has a nice view overlooking marsh and Broad Creek salt water inlet where oysters are harvested. We were able to watch the crew who has the local rights unload 4 containers of oysters from their 18 foot boat. While we were dining tide dropped abut 2 feet. An interesting experience. My spouse had the early bird special of fish corn chowder soup and crab cake with beans and whipped potatoes – all excellent. I had had coconut shrimp appetizer with brochette (skewer) of shrimp & filet mignon medallions. Shrimp was reasonable but I have had better. The brochette very tasty and tender. We had hush puppies (corn) for bread. The service was very friendly and good.

1  Thank 243Furby
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a lovely dinner. I had the Cold King Shellfish Sampler and boy did it hit the spot! You can't really go wrong with any of the seafood, I have tried most of seafood dinners. The views are quite serene. I have never had any trouble with the servers, from my experience they are all quite friendly. The Old Oyster Factory has a nice wine selection. Also, their napkins are especially soft. I would absolutely recommend this spot to anyone as it is one of the best kept secrets on the Island. I eat here 3-4 times a year when I am in town.

1  Thank Billy K
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We ate here at sunset during our Spring Break. The view is just gorgeous! My husband took advantage of the "early bird"/sunset menu. It is a GREAT value! Our waiter, Cooper, was very attentive. The fried shrimp and steak were perfect.

The food is delicious and you can't beat the hush puppies - YUM! We will definitely return on our next HHI trip!