“One of our favorite spots!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Oyster Factory

Old Oyster Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Oyster Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 364 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Matthews Drive
Description: The Old Oyster Factory is Hilton Head's premier waterfront dining destination. Enjoy local seafood, hand-cut steaks and amazing water views from every table.
Augusta, Maine
“One of our favorite spots!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We always stop in at the Old Oyster Factory when we come to the Island. You can't beat the view and the staff is always accommodating. Our waiter, Cooper, made some excellent recommendations and seemed very knowledgeable about wine and oysters. You can't beat the raw oyster specials in the bar area and they also have the best smoke salmon on the island.

• Hungarian first
bluffton
“Great happy hour spot!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After hearing the radio ad, we went to the Oyster Factory for happy hour and we were not disappointed. We ordered several appetizers from the bar menu. The fish tacos and fried green tomato sliders were our favorite! Our server Gemma was very friendly and helpful! Can't wait for our next happy hour!

Newcastle, Canada
“Great view does not make up for average food!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I first saw the reviews, the pictures and the location of this establishment I thought, "what a great place for our last dinner" on Hilton Head Island but as our second day was coming to an end, I suggested..."let's go there, there's more than fried stuff on the menu and it's close to where we are staying"!

There is no question that this ski-lodge like structure off Marshland Road with glass all around has a magnificent view of the marsh lands, but having dined there and having retrospectively read the reviews on Tripadvisor that I was initially lured by...they are as much or more about the view than the food!

This is the place the hush puppies tasted like three day old doughnut holes compared to the night before. My wife ordered the Broiled Dayboat Scallops and her comments to me were it could be warmer and they are overdone...she sliced one of her 5 scallops in half and I can only agree that it was visually cooked through and through.

I ordered the crab cake dinner...incidentally both our choices were on their menu as Old Oyster Factory Signature Dishes. I love crab cakes...in my mind the only way to eat crab, because otherwise a crab claws and legs are far too much work for what you get and the rest of your meal goes cold and your fellow diners get antsy waiting for you...tangent complete!

I am beginning to think that the crab cake recipe I got from the internet using a brand of refrigerated lump crab meat readily available in a clear plastic container in many supermarkets is as good as anything I have had in the past two years.

The Marshland view at the Old Oyster Factory with the setting sun is lovely...but it's in our opinion more show than go!

1 Thank Are J
“Perfect Bday Dinner!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We had the most amazing dinner! I had the Mixed Trio of lobster, shrimp, and scallops and my wife had the 10oz filet. Everything was cooked to perfection and we also had the most amazing sunset view from our table. Michael took great care of us and brought my wife a bday dessert!!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Beautify view, very good meal”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a perfect place to see the sunset in Hilton Head. The view is beautiful. And the food and service absolutely fit the location. Very good local menu with oysters and great fish. Also the wine list is outstanding. The service is great (our waiter was Juan). It all makes for a great place to enjoy good friends.