“Satisfying, as always”
Review of Old Oyster Factory

Old Oyster Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Oyster Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Matthews Drive
Description: The Old Oyster Factory is Hilton Head's premier waterfront dining destination. Enjoy local seafood, hand-cut steaks and amazing water views from every table.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was our third visit to OOF, and it is our barometer for other restaurants on the island. The service was great, and they are friendly to children. We had a wonderful window seat with ocean view. However, my food was not as delicious as usual - I had swordfish and it was not as tender as it has been in the past. My dining companions had stuffed flounder, which apparently was made almost intolerably rich by the lobster sauce, and the seafood trio (lobster, scallops and shrimp), which was very good.

There are newer reviews for Old Oyster Factory

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Visited the back bar. Wasn't too crowded but the view was beautiful! John and Craig kept me entertained and the suggestion of the white tie beer was an excellent one.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We held a rehearsal dinner for our son and daughter-in-law this past Friday evening on the side patio deck and everything was perfect! We are from out-of-state, and when planning an event across the miles by email and phone, one's anxiety level can go from 0 to 10 pretty quickly. From the venue, the staff and service, the appetizers and meal, and the prior planning with the events manager, Craig Ryan, it couldn't have been any better. Thank you for a memorable evening!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Celebrated my husband's birthday on a Friday evening. We had a reservation for 7:30 pm which went smoothly and were offered a table with a great view. The service was OK. We both had swordfish which was one of the specials for the evening. It was good but the fish was overpowered by the sauce of the dish. We had Margaritas before dinner which were not in Margarita glasses. I am rather traditional and think a drink should be in an appropriate glass. All of the handicapped spaces were taken so I dropped my husband off and I had to go to "the back 40" to park. We found out they do have valet parking, but there was no sign and no one around when we went up to the door.

oof101, Manager at Old Oyster Factory, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you with your response on Trip Advisor, we value everyones opinon and take each one very personally. I apologize you felt some things werent up to your standard. We are currently, revising our bar menu and a traditional Margarita glass may be on the list. I hope the taste and qaulity was there for you! I do feel bad there were no handicap spaces availible to you and unfortunately we do not offer valet parking. In the future, please call the restaurant and a manager will personally come outside to assist you. I hope you enjoy our restaurant in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We came expecting a traditional fish camp meal and were pleasantly surprised by the delicious grilled options available. The scallops were perfectly cooked and our server, KIrsten did a wonderful job. Two thumbs up!